Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4205
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Ford Europe have been saying they have a few massive announcements coming up soon. Interestingly the Ford Rally account now has a blank profile picture on twitter, I'm pretty sure recently it had the Ford badge as the picture anyone able to confirm this?

Also Ford confirmed the rumour a while back that should they be able to get a driver who can win the championship they'll be back, Ogier is that man.

If this all comes to fruition, Wilson has been very astute once again and Volkswagen leaving WRC has been on the cards for months, as they announced months back they be making savings in areas they deem unnecessary shortly after a US ruling over diesel-gate. Previously to the ruling they were in talks to purchase Redbull Racing, maybe Wilson has contacts and knew VW were looking to leave for a new challenge? Possibly why he's dragged his feet alot this season with driver lineups, I don't recall him hinting at all this time round during the season apart from Neuville after a few rounds.

Seems to be a bolt of the blue for the other teams apart from M-Sport.
    Last edited by ilsit; 20th November 2016 at 21:35.

2. Likes: OnlyRally (20th November 2016),spark13 (20th November 2016)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    29 November is the date.If Ford returns,it will be known then.

4. Likes: Rallyper (20th November 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    You are getting very sensitive about TMR and Tommi. Ofcourse drivers can choose if they have offers on the table. Quite silly comment from you.
    Maybe his tone of voice is a bit exagerrated as you pointed out. But it's true that unless you are a team manager or a very strong driver like Ogier you have less choice...

6. Likes: pantealex (21st November 2016)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilsit View Post
    Ford Europe have been saying they have a few massive announcements coming up soon. Interestingly the Ford Rally account now has a blank profile picture on twitter, I'm pretty sure recently it had the Ford badge as the picture anyone able to confirm this?

Also Ford confirmed the rumour a while back that should they be able to get a driver who can win the championship they'll be back, Ogier is that man.

If this all comes to fruition, Wilson has been very astute once again and Volkswagen leaving WRC has been on the cards for months, as they announced months back they be making savings in areas they deem unnecessary shortly after a US ruling over diesel-gate. Previously to the ruling they were in talks to purchase Redbull Racing, maybe Wilson has contacts and knew VW were looking to leave for a new challenge? Possibly why he's dragged his feet alot this season with driver lineups, I don't recall him hinting at all this time round during the season apart from Neuville after a few rounds.

Seems to be a bolt of the blue for the other teams apart from M-Sport.
    Ford is supporting M-Sport without any break. Only is not written as official manufacturer, mark is not in the name of the team. But there is still full support. But with Ogier, maybe there should be time to change politics and put the brand back to rally live...

8. Likes: A FONDO (21st November 2016),pantealex (21st November 2016),WRC1 (21st November 2016)
    Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    How do You define full support? Do You actually believe that Ford puts similar money in M-Sport like VW or Hyundai? I don't buy that for a second.
    Last edited by Mirek; 20th November 2016 at 23:31.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: AndyRAC (21st November 2016),pantealex (21st November 2016)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I'm sure Ford "supports" them and they don't mind the free publicity, maybe they give them a discount on buying the chassis that MSport then converts to rally cars and sells but I don't think they put actual money behind the WRC team.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How do You define full support? Do You actually believe that Ford puts similar money in M-Sport like VW or Hyundai? I don't buy that for a second.
    I think that Ford never gave and will never give similar money like VW or Hyundai to rallysport...

13. Likes: pantealex (21st November 2016)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Maybe his tone of voice is a bit exagerrated as you pointed out. But it's true that unless you are a team manager or a very strong driver like Ogier you have less choice...
    He´s not sensitive in that way. He just knows much more about TMR than you appearently don´t understand.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

15. Likes: pantealex (21st November 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Ford is supporting M-Sport without any break. Only is not written as official manufacturer, mark is not in the name of the team. But there is still full support. But with Ogier, maybe there should be time to change politics and put the brand back to rally live...
    What has been reported, since the end of ’12, is that Ford stopped paying Wilson to run their WRC official team, keeping only a tech support that allows MSport to use Ford cars in rallysport. http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/33802840
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I think that Ford never gave and will never give similar money like VW or Hyundai to rallysport...
    Not true.They spent quite a lot working on the RS200 back in the 80s and they still got the highest payed WRC drivsr contract with Colin McRae from 1999 to 2002(£6 mil per year)