Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
The perfect team is to bring us the title in 2018. Not so in 2017, I believe more in the long run. In 2017 we want to win some tests and this can make Kris. Then we have to see what the best option for the future. The Volkswagen drivers have only contract for the 2017 season and still Thierry, Dani and Mads are available. These are all experienced pilots. Of course we can also look for someone new. There are still more names. In late 2017, the market may seem totally different.
http://www.diariomotor.com/competici...l-wrc-en-2018/
This part is interesting for several reasons:
a. seems he doesn't have 100% confidence in Meeke (probably because he's fast but still crashes) so he's keeping his options open for 2018 - I think it's good, no reason to commit to Meeke yet - see how things go next year.
b. VW Drivers having contracts only for 2017 - this is new information for me, up to now I only read that they have multiple year contract that goes longer than 2016. End date of 2017 seems believable, but it will be hard to attract them.
c. He mentioned everyone including Thierry, Dani and Mads, Lappi, Lefebvre, Gilbert for 2017. I think the main target in reality is Sordo, if they can't take him then I'd say they should put a young driver in.