Page 62 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    testing with his fabia s2000?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Yes, maybe it wasn't not related to Škoda works team but rather some asphalt training. I don't know.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: dimviii (4th April 2016)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yes, maybe it wasn't not related to Škoda works team but rather some asphalt training. I don't know.
    It was TGS' Fabia. Engine blew (600 km ran on that engine) and stopped the test. I doubt it was anything seriously connected with Skoda Motorsports, but I'm just guessing.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

5. Likes: Mirek (4th April 2016)
    Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It was TGS' Fabia. Engine blew (600 km ran on that engine) and stopped the test. I doubt it was anything seriously connected with Skoda Motorsports, but I'm just guessing.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

7. Likes: CWJ (4th April 2016),dimviii (4th April 2016),Jeppe (4th April 2016),Micke_VOC (24th April 2016),Mirek (4th April 2016),pantealex (6th April 2016),Rally Power (5th April 2016),TWRC (4th April 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    In April drop the cases. At least partially. Could the manufacturer the components of the new World Rally Cars not yet among the bodies of the current vehicles hide, so in the next few weeks of the new car will always be seen more clearly.

Not only the four manufacturers Citroën, Hyundai, Toyota and Volkswagen now begins the intensive test work with the World Rally Cars of the third generation, also M-Sport heralds the final phase. Man lying on schedule, it is out of the rally wrought by Malcolm Wilson and many components of the new car were similarly tested extensively as in the competition already in the current vehicle.

Under the leadership of Chris Williams, the design team started with a blank sheet of paper, leaving a completely new Ford Fiesta WRC arise, which is externally clearly apart from its predecessor. "The advanced capabilities of the regulations we have but this time put more emphasis on the aerodynamics, than with previous cars," revealed Malcolm Wilson.
    The forthcoming test program of its troops is ambitious. Until the last minute we will try the new World Rally Car in 2017, to experienced drivers from the latest M-Sport-pool is not lacking here. An already equal to no motivation. Although one does not have the budget of a manufacturer wants to M-Sport to prove once again that you can put a car capable of winning in Kiel also with limited resources. After all, you can rely on the technical support from Ford and the new Fiesta WRC. "If we had this not, it would be to compete very difficult for us," Wilson concluded.

with google translate from

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/wm/nach...rneut-beweisen

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    ...and now would any kind German speaker like to provide a translation in English?
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

10. Likes: Rallyper (5th April 2016),stefanvv (4th April 2016)
    Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    ...and now would any kind German speaker like to provide a translation in English?
    Here we go (but don't expect too much insights):

M-Sport wants to prove its capabilities again in 2017

Fighting the giants Toyota and Volkswagen M-Sport wants to prove again, that it is possible to develop a winning car with a small budget. Tests with parts of the 2017 World Rally Car have already started.

Up to now the WRC teams have been testing parts of their new World Rally Cars under the bodies of current models. From April on this will change, the shape of the 2017 cars will become more and more clear. Not only the manufacturers Citroen, Hyundai, Toyota and Volkswagen will intensify testing their third generation cars. Also M-Sport is stepping up. According to Malcom Wilson's team the development is right on track. M-Sport also has already been testing 2017 components in the current car.

M-Sport's design team under the guidance of Chris Williams has started with a white sheet of paper and designed a radical new Fiesta WRC, which will be externally very different from the current car. "Because of the new regulations we have been concentrating much more on aerodynamics than with the current car", says Malcolm Wilson.

M-Sport's testing schedule is very ambitious. The plan is to test the new car until the last possible moment. To find experienced test drivers shouldn't be a problem with regards to M-Sport's current drivers pool. There is motivation aplenty as well. Although they don't have the budget of a proper manufacturer, M-Sport wants to prove again, that they are capable of developing a winning car. At least there is some support from Ford. "Without support from Ford it would be very difficult for us", admits Wilson.

12. Likes: bluuford (5th April 2016),Mintexmemory (5th April 2016),stefanvv (5th April 2016)
    Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    M-Sport's design team under the guidance of Chris Williams has started with a white sheet of paper and designed a radical new Fiesta WRC,

Christian Loriaux is not there anymore?

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Info on Citroen's 2017 car testing:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-time-for-2017

15. Likes: er88 (6th April 2016)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Big thanks to Oppositelock for his great translatory skills - there is a very filthy joke I could make at this point about linguistics, but as this is a 'family' site I won't go there!!

Although I'm 61 I think I am allowed to say Google Translate sucks
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!