Page 79 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

2. Likes: andyone (28th April 2016),dimviii (27th April 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (27th April 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    After some other event I would understand this a bit better, but now after he was beaten on the last stage with equal starting position, it is really sore looser whining. Sure he could argue, that he would have been way ahead before that with other position, but how exiting would that be then? Besides, from 1960 to beginning of 2000, it was allways the fastest starting first and nobody complained before Burns and Sainz started in Australia first and then it just became an infection. Sure, the rallies were longer back then and timedifferences bigger, but still.
    The regulations have also created this "problem". The aerodynamics and other things that create ridicolous amount of grip favour those running on clean road. So like I have said before, wings to minimum, suspension travel limit and less grip from tyres and so many "problems" would dissappear.
    Leader starting 1st on each day was rather different to championship leader starting 1st everyday except sunday which is only a 1/2 day anyway. Greater tyre freedom also gave the leader more chances to do something from 1st on the road

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    The regulations have also created this "problem". The aerodynamics and other things that create ridicolous amount of grip favour those running on clean road. So like I have said before, wings to minimum, suspension travel limit and less grip from tyres and so many "problems" would dissappear.
    so the solution is to make cars slower, reducing corner speed, making them look like everyday cages rather than machines of war and other useless crap like that...

and instead of the sweeper to lose 10seconds in 20kms he would lose 7... because no matter the grip levels when a tyre meets a peeble that can roll.... it will spin...

go away and take Latvala with you.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Now you can dislike Ogier's perpetual 'victimised' act but a) Can we avoid sexist comments... and b) Never doubt that whatever you think of him as an individual no one that has seen him in action would deny he has Les couilles d'acien
    c) WRC was never a popularity contest. What matters are the road achievements, and Ogier results are outstanding.

Seriously, last weekend Paddon and Hyundai managed to deliver an epic win (hopefully the first of many for Paddon) which will forever figure in WRC roll of honor, like those of Ogier and VW. The rest are peanuts (penates, like SCP coach says...).
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: Mintexmemory (27th April 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    wasn't sure where to put this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-a-joke--ogier but has anyone seen this???
    he still cries because his real rival has done so many in so little time that the numbers cannot work out for him to beat him despite the circumstances being 10 times more favourable... tough luck.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    c) WRC was never a popularity contest.
    If everyone speak just pr stuff and everything seems fine, well it would actually be boring, funny situation, isn't it.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 27th April 2016 at 22:10.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

9. Likes: Mintexmemory (27th April 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Genuine question N.O.T.:

Next year there will be at least 10 factory cars (more likely 12 or 13 on some rounds, assuming Toyota turns up).

All other factors aside, which 10 current drivers (participating in rallies in 2016) would you say should fill those seats, on a purely 'by talent' basis?

I'm genuinely curious to know, seeing as you frequently put down all but the top 2 or 3 and teams that consider other drivers, as to who you think should be in the factory seats.
    there you go... i am a gracious god.

1.Ogier
    2.Mikkelsen
    3.Paddon
    4.Sordo (maybe)
    5.Tanak (tanak in a strong team where he does not have to overdrive to achieve results, if he crashes again all the time kick)
    6.Lukyanuk (test for 2 years)
    7.Breen (test for 2 years)
    8.Lappi (test for 2 years)
    9.Meeke (one last chance then kick)
    10.Neuville (one last chance then kick to outer space in a galaxy far far away so we never have to deal with his hideous trendy glasses)
    11.Abbring (test for 1 year then kick)
    12.Bergvist (test for long term 3-4 years just so rallyper does not send ninjas against me)
    13.Parn (long term plan 3-4 years)
    Last edited by N.O.T; 27th April 2016 at 22:28.

11. Likes: AL14 (28th April 2016),dodge33cymru (27th April 2016),EstWRC (28th April 2016),itix (28th April 2016),Rallyper (28th April 2016),smokingjoe (28th April 2016)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Reply to Doidos por Rally portuguese facebook page

13. Likes: EightGear (27th April 2016)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    there you go... i am a gracious god.

1.Ogier
    2.Mikkelsen
    3.Paddon
    4.Sordo (maybe)
    5.Tanak (tanak in a strong team where he does not have to overdrive to achieve results, if he crashes again all the time kick)
    6.Lukyanuk (test for 2 years)
    7.Breen (test for 2 years)
    8.Lappi (test for 2 years)
    9.Meeke (one last chance then kick)
    10.Neuville (one last chance then kick to outer space in a galaxy far far away so we never have to deal with his hideous trendy glasses)
    11.Abbring (test for 1 year then kick)
    12.Bergvist (test for long term 3-4 years just so rallyper does not send ninjas against me)
    13.Parn (long term plan 3-4 years)
    Oh oh! You forgot Tidemand! Don´t be safe. And Bergkvist doesn´t need more than two years.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Now you can dislike Ogier's perpetual 'victimised' act but a) Can we avoid sexist comments... and b) Never doubt that whatever you think of him as an individual no one that has seen him in action would deny he has Les couilles d'acien
    I second the avoidance of sexist comments... few motor sports are as free from sexism as Rally so can we please not fall into the same hole as all the others!

...also, this whole running order debate is older than old. It is the world's most natural handicap system and if Ogier had had mechanical problems the first three rounds he would not complain because he would not run first on the road (...but I have a feeling he would complain about VW instead... it is all he ever do... I really Miss Loeb).
    Last edited by itix; 28th April 2016 at 00:34.

16. Likes: dodge33cymru (28th April 2016),Mintexmemory (28th April 2016)