Page 145 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4205
    Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Not sure anyone mentioned but Hyundai officially annouced Sordo is out for Finland and Abrring as expected in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Suggested rally start order. Monte Carlo - start seedings from previous year's WRC, and day finishing order.
    Round 2 -Day 1 - Marble from hat from Championship order for first 10 WRC cars. (Might mix things up get younger drivers directly behind Ogier etc to learn his lines and braking points.)
    Day 2 - Marble from hat for first 10 on order of day 1 stage times.
    Day 3 - Run on order after day2
    or alternatively run 3 high hp 0 ,00 , 000 cars through to remove gravel/ snow before stage start..

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    or alternatively run 3 high hp 0 ,00 , 000 cars through to remove gravel/ snow before stage start..
    Ogier would still complain that their lines aren't good enough for him.

The marble draw idea could work, mixes things up a bit and means no driver can claim to be unfairly affected by the rule.

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Ogier would still complain that their lines aren't good enough for him.

The marble draw idea could work, mixes things up a bit and means no driver can claim to be unfairly affected by the rule.
    Any sport where you have Marble draw decreases the sports integrity. It's the World Rally Championship. Its not a club 'fun' event, it's the pinnacle of the sport.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

5. Likes: AndyRAC (16th July 2016)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I vote for current way. This will give Ogier at least four or five wins/season and others can share the rest. If they change it, VW boys will have more then 10 wins/season and maybe something for the others. Not interesting.

7. Likes: Rallyper (16th July 2016)
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    The zero cars have a job to do, so that would require additional cars to run though. I'm not sure where they would come from. The lines that Ogier takes are different to most other drivers, therefore there is no clearing done until lots of cars have gone through.

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    I vote for current way. This will give Ogier at least four or five wins/season and others can share the rest. If they change it, VW boys will have more then 10 wins/season and maybe something for the others. Not interesting.
    It's completely unfair, but I actually agree. Seeing people other than Ogier win rallies, has made me fall in love with WRC again.

10. Likes: DonJippo (16th July 2016),KiwiWRCfan (16th July 2016),pantealex (18th July 2016),Rallyper (16th July 2016)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Day 1: Championship order (no brainer)
    Day 2: Rally order (let's try for a season and see how they work this out with no split times)
    Day 3: Reverse top 10/15 order (TV-focused throwaway leg/who cares)

Anyone with an amazing road position and speed on day one gets penalised on day two. Anyone who gets banged with road sweeping on day one should have a better position on day two. In theory it should even out. Then reverse order gives a level playing field if we get a final day shoot-out. You also don't need a degree in mathematics to understand it.
    This has a lot of merit, but it was tried a while back? even without splits it may throw up some silly go slow tactics?. I still like the shootout after Shakedown, was always a great start to the rally, although it needs to a representative stage, non micky-mouse or tarmac on a gravel rally.
    Last edited by Toyoda; 18th July 2016 at 02:24.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    This has a lot of merit, but it was tried a while back? even without splits it may throw up some silly go slow tactics?. I still like the shootout after Shakedown, was always a great start to the rally, although it needs to a representative stage, non micky-mouse or tarmac on a gravel rally.
    Yeah it was the slowing tactics and teams' over manipulation that killed it before. But like I said there are no splits nowadays and so drivers wouldn't know whether others had backed off or pushed on. And you'd never get the case where a co-driver is counting down a driver into the finish. It would be gambling and guesswork.

That's why I said for a season it might be interesting to see. They were doing all this stuff in the late nineties/early 2000s which is seen as one of the golden periods of the sport. So I think it's worth another look.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

13. Likes: er88 (18th July 2016),marcosg (18th July 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    This has a lot of merit, but it was tried a while back? even without splits it may throw up some silly go slow tactics?
    Of course. 2001 Cyprus/Acropolis at least. No need for splits when someone outside near stage end can show a board with the time to lose.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI