Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Is Eurosport or FIA suddenly responsible also for the crazy weather in Europe?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: RS (28th January 2016)
    Liked 496 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Not so easy nowadays. The weather has changed. It would be better to have a proper winter rally and the only place is in the northern Europe where the winter and snow is guaranteed!

Liked 3,306 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No, but they are resposible for the calendar and rules. Firstly, they ruined Janner Rally with their stupid rules, now they chose a rally in Liepaja, that cannot be organized without snow. Are they serious?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

5. Likes: liposh (29th January 2016)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    No, but they are resposible for the calendar and rules. Firstly, they ruined Janner Rally with their stupid rules, now they chose a rally in Liepaja, that cannot be organized without snow. Are they serious?
    About Jänner Rallye you´re right, but about Rally Liepaja they couldn´t be blamed for the weather. Don´t forget it was OK in the years before.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    And yes, it's official now - rally is cancelled. There are plans for rescheduling it to some further dates, organizers will announce it as soon as possible.

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    About Jänner Rallye you´re right, but about Rally Liepaja they couldn´t be blamed for the weather. Don´t forget it was OK in the years before.
    I dont agree that FIA or Eurosport ruined Jänner. There were different things behind...

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    I am sure that FIA and Eurosport killed Jänner Rallye. To pay 300.000,-- Euros to Eurosport (as I have heard only, I can´t prove this sum) and then be broadcasted at 11 p.m., when nowbody except Rallye Hardcore Fans watch! To have a really stupid tyre reglement, published 8 days or so before scrutineering, no local heroes to be seen on overall results list, local heroes not in Eurosport, or treated as 3rd world drivers - who else but FIA and Eurosport killed Jänner Rallye.

ERC and ERT are organized as Championships for professionals but there are only 3 professionals in each of these series. So these championships are not made to the demands of the majority of drivers - so they are bound to die!

10. Likes: Jarek Z (29th January 2016)
    Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karl59 View Post
    I am sure that FIA and Eurosport killed Jänner Rallye. To pay 300.000,-- Euros to Eurosport (as I have heard only, I can´t prove this sum) and then be broadcasted at 11 p.m., when nowbody except Rallye Hardcore Fans watch! To have a really stupid tyre reglement, published 8 days or so before scrutineering, no local heroes to be seen on overall results list, local heroes not in Eurosport, or treated as 3rd world drivers - who else but FIA and Eurosport killed Jänner Rallye.

ERC and ERT are organized as Championships for professionals but there are only 3 professionals in each of these series. So these championships are not made to the demands of the majority of drivers - so they are bound to die!
    Thats not true. Janner killed themselves. This things regarding payment was known before Janner joined ERC. If they decided to join the championship, they knew that it will cost lot of money. Regarding the tyres - what exactly do you mean? That it will not be possible to use in ERC narrow studded tyres? This was known more than year before race that it will happen...

As I told, Janner killed themselves. Because they were joining ERC (despite all risks with it was known) and because of "stupid" date which forced lot of national and mainly international crews to skip this event.

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Thats not true. Janner killed themselves. This things regarding payment was known before Janner joined ERC. If they decided to join the championship, they knew that it will cost lot of money. Regarding the tyres - what exactly do you mean? That it will not be possible to use in ERC narrow studded tyres? This was known more than year before race that it will happen...

As I told, Janner killed themselves. Because they were joining ERC (despite all risks with it was known) and because of "stupid" date which forced lot of national and mainly international crews to skip this event.
    "Stupid" date as you call it already was from the beginning, some 30 years ago.
    From an international point of view, all top crews (ok, except Skoda since 2014 and Peugeot ´till 2015, but e.g. Top 5 of final standings in 2015) were present, so I don´t agree about this, and also Mirek stated this when discussion arose around announcement of the end of the rally. The big difference to other ERC rallies was the dying local scene.

By the way, organizers

13. Likes: Jarek Z (29th January 2016)
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Regarding the tyres - what exactly do you mean? That it will not be possible to use in ERC narrow studded tyres? This was known more than year before race that it will happen...
    But does it change the fact that the rule was stupid?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!