Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    AAReagles, try living around here where the Washington Post doesn't even list air times for the live F1 races on the daily calendar in the sports pages. Other niche sports, some even more obscure (to Americans), are listed regularly.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Same problem with the Fresno Bee and Los Angeles Times anymore.

Don't have cable anymore. Didnt have use for 95% of garbage on there. Couldnt afford it anyways.

Got better listings from the freetvfresno guide anyways, if a 'freebie' is on FOX or one of the Spanish channels. That's how I found out about the 60 Minutes program. Though for it, CBS does only post its content just 2 or 3 days ahead, instead of two weeks advance notice of football games and races.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Starter: just curious. Have you ever tried in the last 10 years or so, to get the Indianapolis 500 on the radio.

I tried over here in the west, but to no avail. So I'm stuck with the announcers on TV.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AAReagles View Post
    Starter: just curious. Have you ever tried in the last 10 years or so, to get the Indianapolis 500 on the radio.

I tried over here in the west, but to no avail. So I'm stuck with the announcers on TV.
    I haven't tried the radio in years. I either watch on TV or skip it. Dumping cable isn't a bad idea, you're right about the trash content. We've got our internet and land line provider from the same source so we'll keep it for a while. Should we move from here it'll open the door to saving a chunk of change every month.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover