Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kris meeke

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Thanks andy. Plus theres the fact the old thread is titled fastest driver without a seat bit ironic considering he now has 2 on offer

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    At his age he should sign with the one that gives him the most money.
    I'll have to agree with you on this one...

Meeke is needed by Citro or Toy because there's no other fast and experienced driver available for a full testing season in 2016.

Probably in 2017 both makes will have new number one drivers in their lineup (Neuville and Latvala) and it will be difficult for Meeke to have world title aspirations.

So what really matters is to get a well paid contract that assures a WRC seat for many years.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    i really cant think which one will be the best choice for Meeke.Difficult situation for him,with many pros and cons for both sides.
    I tend to agree with NOT at this one.
    Who is going to design the new Toyota? have we got any info so far?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Hard to say what is best when none of us know what exactly is on the table in terms of length of contract, wage, 2016 programme etc.

I think Citroen (or rather Matton) has mismanaged the situation and appears to have gone from a stand-offish position with Meeke to really wanting to sign him. If Meeke wants to feel loved he might appreciate the moves Makinen is making. But he also has to factor in the likelihood that Latvala probably arrives in that Finnish-based team in 12 months and that will massively shift the dynamic.

You'd imagine Citroen's new car will be quicker out of the box. Kris would likely be able to have more say in the development. Would Makinen give him as much of a say, particularly if he already has Hirvonen/Hanninen there to do testing. There are vastly fewer unknowns then there are with Toyota. People say the Toyota will be good in a few years - but Citroen now have the budget to go out and improve their cars again too. Plus if they can give him a decent chunk of rallies next year then that's a huge plus.

I'd like to see Meeke re-sign with Citroen.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

5. Likes: AndyRAC (12th December 2015),pantealex (13th December 2015)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I'll have to agree with you on this one...

Meeke is needed by Citro or Toy because there's no other fast and experienced driver available for a full testing season in 2016.

Probably in 2017 both makes will have new number one drivers in their lineup (Neuville and Latvala) and it will be difficult for Meeke to have world title aspirations.

So what really matters is to get a well paid contract that assures a WRC seat for many years.
    I think with equal equipment Meeke would be a match for Latvala or Neuville.

I hope he goes with Toyota and hopefully R5 outings in '16 as outlined by Lundefaret in another thread. I don't think Citroen have any understanding or appreciation about drivers, they lucked in with Loeb and Ogier.

7. Likes: WRC1 (13th December 2015)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    I think with equal equipment Meeke would be a match for Latvala or Neuville.
    Agree, but would Meeke be allowed to match Latvala or Neuville if they get 1st driver status at VW or Citro?
    Rally addict since 1982