Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Some interviews in estonian media with Tänak before rally mexico and he says that there will be new gravel tyre from rally Portugal. He says they just have to survive these two southern american rallies, whatever that means.

3. Likes: dimviii (1st March 2016)
    horrible tyre performance, i dont even have words for this. Watched some onboards from Tänak in wrc+ and he is like riding with slicks on ice.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Dmack to make a factory in Carlisle
    http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Ne...914bb084c9f-ds
    Good to see an Industry leader that see that not everything needs to be made in Asia, and understands that Europe will not survive without jobs, And we can not all be bachelor and masters.....

6. Likes: janvanvurpa (8th March 2016)
    Team's press release

DMACK Beats World’s Best On Landmark WRC Rally
    DMACK celebrated the end of an era in style when Ott Tänak set a final-day fastest stage time on the last ever FIA World Rally Championship event for its Chinese-made gravel tyres.

Tänak and co-driver Raigo Mõlder scored a series of top stage times for the DMACK World Rally Team over the weekend and even staged an early challenge for the overall rally lead at this weekend’s Rally Argentina.
    Over 65,000 eager rally fans crammed into the 16.32km El Condor – Copina stage today to witness Tänak beat the world’s best – even with an intense final day battle for the rally victory going on around him. Conditions were some of the toughest of the weekend but, despite the disadvantage of running first on the road, DMACK’s DMG+2 gravel tyre excelled in the soft surfaces.

Tänak went a full three seconds clear at the top – the stage victory was DMACK’s first since 2012 when Evgeny Novikov topped the time-sheets at Rally de Espana.
    Tänak and Mõlder had already set the stages alight over the weekend and were consistently the fastest Ford crew in their Fiesta RS WRC. They were on the pace from the very first blast through the streets of Cordoba on Thursday evening after setting third fastest time to hold an overnight position just 0.1 seconds adrift of the lead.

Their run continued on Friday when crews headed south for a loop of stages around the Santa Rosa valley. However, after completing stage four with a broken alternator belt and making extensive repairs after the finish, they were unable to make it to the next test – their Fiesta grinding to a halt on the road section.
    But they returned on Saturday to stage a remarkable comeback – jumping six places up the leaderboard as they stormed through the rocky roads around host town Villa Carlos Paz. An inspiring drive today over the lunar landscape at El Condor saw them top the time-sheets to maintain both their and DMACK’s championship challenges.

The fourth round of the world series took DMACK to the only South American round of the championship, home to the firm’s best ever WRC result of fourth in 2012. Its DMG+2 tyres have traditionally performed well in the soft, sandy surfaces but it’s all change for the future as part of the company’s drive to attract a manufacturer team for next season.

Since becoming an official tyre supplier to the WRC in 2011, DMACK tyres have been designed in the UK but manufactured in China. However, all future WRC tyres will be made in the UK in a bid to ramp up both development and performance and mount a serious challenge to Michelin and Pirelli.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “This event marks the end of an era for DMACK and the start of an exciting future for us. It means a lot to everyone involved to score a fastest time – proving our tyre can compete with other manufacturers on the same cars. We’ve been working hard on development and I’m confident we can give Ott the products he needs to demonstrate both his and our ability during the rest of the season. The WRC is a fantastic platform for us and we really enjoy the intense rivalry and competition it provides.”

Ott Tänak said: “It was disappointing to retire on Friday but we had a really good weekend here in Argentina. I was pushing hard everywhere I could and the times showed, we were fastest Ford in the stages. I really enjoyed the rally, it was great fun and amazing to see so many fans on the stages. Now, with the new tyres coming for Portugal, I’m really motivated and looking forward to that event.”

shame about the alternator problem, Tänak woud have been fifth instead of Ostberg for sure. But the good thing is the old spec tyre was sent into retirement with a stage win and other stage times were quite good also.

The new tyres should be quite a lot better but how much better, we will see in a month.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    You cant judge anything from Tanak's times in Argentina as he was on Rally2 most of the time. He had nothing to lose by pushing. The stage he won was in no way representative, just down to road position & weather.

lol...whatever

10. Likes: pantealex (27th April 2016)
    Great argument. Try facts. Ostberg (Fiesta WRC) more than double Tanak's points now.

#M-SPORTER

12. Likes: skarderud (4th May 2016)
    What the hell is this? You cant get over the FACT that Ostberg was slow in Argentina?

When i said that Tänak showed good stage times then i was comparing him to the leaders not with Ostberg. And his times were very good considering there was a big fight for the lead, so its not like Tänak was the only one pushing and the others were cruising. Yeah he started from back but he is on worse tyres. You said that Tänak had nothing to lose. He had much to lose because if he would have crashed then everyone would have said that he crashed again.

If you want some facts then i can give you some:

Tänak was already ahead of Ostberg before his alternator problem.
    On Saturday Tänak lost 56 seconds to Paddon, Ostberg lost 1:49.7.
    On Sunday Tänak lost 1:01.5 to Ogier, Ostberg lost 1:26.0.

For me these facts are meaningless because they are on different tyres but you said "Try facts" so i tried some.

So what ? Ostberg leads in the WDC - that's what matters, not one rally.

And I didnt say Ostberg wasnt slow, just that Tanak's speed was largely meaningless. Tanak goes fast and then either crashes or breaks his car.
    Ostberg is smart and drives for points when he cant compete for podiums.

I like Tanak and support him as a Ford driver and hope he comes back to M-Sport as he is better than Camilli on the evidence. But I dont think he will be a better bet than Ostberg for the team for scoring points.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 6th May 2016 at 19:00.
    #M-SPORTER