Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    hats off to dmack for making a huge progress within a year....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...the tyre doesnt seem to go off suddenly on the longer stages like it did last year...last year they where nowhere in Mexico and Tänak lost over 9 minutes without any penalty or issue but last year's route was also longer.

Now comes their weakest point tarmac, IMO Corsica was one of their worst rallies of last season, Tänak was competing with WRC2 frontrunners until final day, so we will see how much progress have they made with their tarmac tyre.

and Evans has done a lot better than i thought before the season, credit to him too.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 21st March 2017 at 18:14.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    EstWRC, keep in mind that DMack introduced a new gravel tire later in the season last year. Was it from Portugal onwards, when they had the new one ready? Before that, it was some older tire.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I really hope Dmack have produced a decent tarmac tyre this year as Evans has shown some good speed on this surface at times.

He also deserves some good luck as he's had nothing but ill-fortune so far...

Fingers-crossed for the TDC.

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    hats off to dmack for making a huge progress within a year....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...the tyre doesnt seem to go off suddenly on the longer stages like it did last year...last year they where nowhere in Mexico and Tänak lost over 9 minutes without any penalty or issue but last year's route was also longer.

Now comes their weakest point tarmac, IMO Corsica was one of their worst rallies of last season, Tänak was competing with WRC2 frontrunners until final day, so we will see how much progress have they made with their tarmac tyre.

and Evans has done a lot better than i thought before the season, credit to him too.
    Or Evans is just better... It will never be clear cut where the tyres are better or worse. Maybe the new Michelins this year have helped Tanak? Who knows...

Bit pointless postulating about tyre performance between one year and the next with different drivers. Evans and Tanak are both good drivers, Evans showed his speed to be faster than Tanak on some rallies in 2015 but was more inconsistent than Tanak so was dropped. Maybe he is more consistent now or still the same, again who knows...

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    ....Evans lost 8.41.8 to winner but 5 minutes of it was due penalty so if we take it out, he would have lost 3.41.8 and would have been 6th, just 10 secs from Paddon and Evans was one of the first guys on the road on saturday and sunday and lost time also because engine overheating...
    If you're making that comparison don't forget Paddon lost a couple of minutes with engine problems too, and didn't have a great road position for Saturday-Sunday either.

I agree that Dmack have improved a lot though.

Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    i know, i mentioned Paddon because he was closest to Evans if we take out his penalty.

maybe Evans is better and maybe it is pointless postulating but i like to make this comparisons and they definitely have made progress
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

As well as the penalty, Evans also lost 1.36 on the first gravel stage with road cleaning and overheating issues...

He was happy with the tyre progress though..

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march...--12-12-.html#
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 22nd March 2017 at 21:13.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    One of my Chakras tells me that the silhouette in the pic below doesn't seems like a champ material...

Last edited by danon; 22nd March 2017 at 23:54.

New DMACK Hard for arduous asphalt adventure

https://medium.com/@rallyinguk/new-d...faa#.blry6az22
    #M-SPORTER

DMack boss confident of gravel tyre on all events:

https://beta.motorsport-news.co.uk/n...ht-everywhere/