Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    So, another 5th place, despite some problems witrh tyres. I think they can be a bit positive as well. We have Poland, Finland, GB and Australia as pure gravel rallies and Spain as one day on gravel (in autumn). If we look at the perfomance of the tyres then we can see that early morning when the temperature was lower, Ott won a stage and there were much smaller problems with tyres, so, I expect that it was the hardest rally for them (the most abrasive roads, slow speeds, many corners, easy to overheat tyres). Polan is soft, sandy, fast and most likely, the weather is not too hot, moreover, faster speed cools tyres better.
    Finland is on harder roads but temperature is likely to be quite low, same to GB and Australia where they have early spring on that time. Spain will be also in autumn and most probably, less problem with tyre wear. Lets see what they can do with tarmac tyres. They have now two days test in Italy and the Ypres rally
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Yeah, i agree that this was probably the hardest rally for the tyres. Tänak at least said so that this was on of the hardest rallies in his career and i think he means tire wise. 5th is a great result with all these problems he had.

i expect podium speed in Poland and Finland but i have absolutely no expectations for tarmac rallies. i think we can get some kind of picture of the tarmac tyres in Ypres but i dont expect miracles.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 13th June 2016 at 07:53.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres

Just about to start our asphalt test, got a lot to get through today!!

4. Likes: EstWRC (14th June 2016)
    wow, what a weekend. different emotions of course, utterly disappointed but also happy. before the rally i was hoping that they can fight for podium but to fight for victory was unbelievable. The disappointment is huge because the win was so close! it would have been amazing achievement for the team.

Anyway, off to finland now where it also should be good. im there and therefore it would be even better if Tänak wins there . Ott promises payback http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july-...5--12-12-.html

6. Likes: Rallyper (4th July 2016)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Do you know the set-up of the DMack WRT team... is it really all M-Sport but just using DMack tyres & tyre people ?

M-Sport still consider Tanak as 'one of theirs' on their social media and Wilson was following Tanak's performance looking for the win in Poland.

I notice there are no M-Sport logos on the car though...

its all m-sport with just dmack tyres. Tänak even has the same enginer, mechanics etc as last year.

9. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2016)

11. Likes: EstWRC (6th July 2016)
    Nice article about Dmack http://raig0.planet.ee/kavad/autospo...uly%202016.pdf

starts page 34

Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...nd-car-in-2017

Evans and Tanak could score some strong points together. They've definitely developed since M-Sport days.

The new tyre is fast but two punctures at one rally is much if they want to get good results. If my calculations are right then without problems Tänak would have been definetly second or even leading after day one and on third day before the crash he would have been 20 secs from Meeke.

Now on to tarmac rallies and i dont know what to expect. I just hope that those rallies wont be just about surviving. In Monte Tänak lost 10 minutes to Ogier but Monte isnt pure tarmac rally. The reports from tests werent good. We will see.