Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,169 Times in 5,219 Posts
    From The other side, looks a lot better in the daylight in the previous post

Last edited by EstWRC; 15th January 2016 at 14:53.

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th January 2016),Mirek (19th January 2016),Munkvy (16th January 2016),WUff1 (15th January 2016)

4. Likes: dimviii (19th January 2016)
    DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres
    Well done @OttTanak , DMACK’s best-ever result on Monte Carlo and our first-ever Manufacturer Points!!

oh boy oh boy. A lot of work to be done but luckily there's a long gap to germany. I think Tänak did a very good job apart from the one mistake. I dont know what to expect from sweden, Ketomaa won there last year in wrc2 and was second in 2014 so it seems that the winter tyre is quite alright. The gravel tyre should be the best one. If it isnt then Tänak has a painful season ahead of him and very thin chance for 2017.

Tänak: It was a challenging weekend, from the two night time stages in the dark on Thursday to be mixed snowy conditions on Saturday. But we had a solid result and personally speaking, my driving was pretty much perfect - apart from just one small mistake!!!!!
    I enjoyed the rally, we are making progress and seventh place on this rally is not a bad start to the championship. For sure we will work hard with DMACK to make even more progress for the next tarmac rally.
    So thanks to Raigo and my ice note guys for getting out of bed early and doing a good job. Now the focus is on Sweden where I'm really looking forward to.
    We've had nice support on this rally and I'm looking forward to seeing more Estonian fans in Sweden. Thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by EstWRC; 24th January 2016 at 16:55.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Fingers crossed for a good run in Sweden. Pretty crazy Ott had maybe the biggest off of the weekend but managed to bring it home.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

7. Likes: EstWRC (24th January 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (24th January 2016),Mirek (24th January 2016)
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/busine...cle4673208.ece

some GB forumers may be can see the full article and copy it here? Thank you!

Tough Technical Sweden Will Test Studded Tyres

Next week’s Rally Sweden, the only winter rally in the FIA World Rally Championship, is set to provide one of the toughest tests of the season for tyre manufacturer DMACK and its customers.

Snow and ice-covered roads demand a very special tyre, with numerous technical variables all contributing to the end performance. DMACK has updated its DMG-ICE tyre, which has already proved its potential taking Jari Ketomaa and Eyvind Brynildsen to a dominant 1-2 in WRC 2 last season, with a number of tweaks to boost its performance even further.

The unique V-style tread pattern remains. allowing the tyre to be used on either side of the car and giving drivers enhanced flexibility. However, DMACK has made a few modifications to the compound and studding system to improve grip, traction and all-important stud retention.

Each tyre is equipped with 384 metal pins which bite into the frozen surfaces and provide impressive grip. But warmer temperatures next week in Sweden look likely to increase exposed gravel on many stages, especially on second pass, which rips studs from the tyres.

Studded winter tyres are designed specifically to deliver high levels of traction on snow and frozen roads but the absence of ice is likely to play havoc with stud retention and force drivers to cleverly manage tyre allocations during the event.

DMACK World Rally Team drivers Ott Tänak and Raigo Mõlder are looking forward to tackling the high-speed Sweden tests in their Ford Fiesta RS WRC. They will be hoping to build on their seventh place on round one at Monte Carlo, which also placed the DMACK team fifth in the race for the manufacturer world title.

It’s also the opening rally in the WRC 2 campaign for the Drive DMACK Trophy Team. Norwegians Marius Aasen and Veronica Engan, current Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy champions, take up their prize drive at the wheel of an M-Sport-run Fiesta R5. They are joined by Estonian Sander Pärn and Welsh co-driver James Morgan, winners of the one-make series in 2014.

The event is the only winter rally of the season and has moved base further south to the city of Karlstad this year. The action gets underway with a popular blast around Karlstad’s trotting track, which attracts thousands of fans, on Thursday evening.

Much of Friday’s action takes place in Norway with a remote service, while Saturday and Sunday stages are based around last year’s host town Hagfors. A quarter of the tests are new and the rally features no mid-day service at all – placing even more pressure on crews to have a mistake free run. They will tackle 21 timed stages and 331km of competitive action.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “This is our sixth Rally Sweden and you never know what the event will bring - it is a hugely demanding rally for tyres. DMACK had an excellent result last year with a strong first and second in WRC 2 and our tyre really suited those conditions, but this year is looking much different with almost no snow. We’ve made a few performance tweaks to the DMG-ICE winter tyre but, if the conditions are above freezing as predicted, then it’s going to be very difficult with stud retention. A clever strategy to manage tyres will be critical."

Ott Tänak said: “I really like Rally Sweden, it’s usually an enjoyable event and a fast rally where you can get a really nice feeling. Hopefully we will have enough snow this year but I remember even last year the second pass had lots of gravel and it was very tough on tyres. It will take some clever driving to manage the situation.”

yay! Great result! The tire worked well when the conditions were like they must be at sweden rally but total nightmare on frozen gravel. Shame because i think Tänak would have gotten podium here. Great drive from him, absolutely no mistakes and pushed when the tire worked but couldnt do nothing about saturday!

This is what Tänak said to Raigo in estonian at the end of Vargasen1 (which was the worst stage): "I have never in my life driven with such a bad things like these at winter rally, we lost a minute here"

Next up are gravel rallies which should suit them best!

11. Likes: Rally Power (14th February 2016)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

This is what Tänak said to Raigo in estonian at the end of Vargasen1 (which was the worst stage): "I have never in my life driven with such a bad things like these at winter rally, we lost a minute here"
    Ott should be careful then what he says at the end of stages. His employer wouldn't be too impressed by comments like that. He will need to 'tread' carefully for the rest of the season and shouldn't complain publicly about the tyres. Theirry did that with Hyundai and lost some respect.

13. Likes: mm1 (15th February 2016)
    Publicly he hasnt said anything bad at all. This was a conversation between him and Raigo in the car in estonian. And i doubt Dmack would be that mad at Ott because they know where they are with their tyres compared to others.

Dmack to make a factory in Carlisle
    http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Ne...914bb084c9f-ds