Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts

DMACK World Rally Team

They have a 3 year plan so i figured to make a separate thread for the team and discuss the things here.

http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-tyres
    http://www.dmacktyres.com/t-nak-rejo...ver-wrc-team-1

Tänak said that they tested about 300km's and that they found two really good compounds. They will analyze the data with the engineers and after that Dmack can nominate the tyres for Monte. Raigo has said that on gravel the tyres are already pretty good and they hope to fight for podiums on gravel rallies.

Im super excited for the season to begin.Tarmac tyres seem to be their weak point, in Sweden this season Ketomaa and Brynildsen took 1-2 for Dmack but this is all from WRC2.

2. Likes: andyone (24th December 2015),eib1 (11th December 2015),Eli (11th December 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (11th December 2015),Rally Power (12th December 2015)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Will this team be manned by Msport or by external people?

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Wilson already said that it will be mostly M-Sport people, he clearly said also even if the main team doesn't do the 14 rounds M-Sport will have to send employees to all of them anyways.

Oh so he must very seriously be contemplating not contesting all the rounds then...
    I thought it was just idle threats and that he would contest them anyway. He made a pretty positive economic result last year I read so I didn't think the finances were that bad at M-sport.

He'll have so many customers this year with Bertelli etc etc so I just took it as idle threats. Guess I was wrong.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Oh so he must very seriously be contemplating not contesting all the rounds then...
    Funny, I see exactly (and hopefully) the opposite. DMack is in fact a paying B Team for Malcolm; with them and Bertelli (that'll skip only China) there's an obvious synergy that will enable MSport to decrease their own logistics costs.

Btw, great livery for DMack car: nice, simple and effective!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Funny, I see exactly (and hopefully) the opposite. DMack is in fact a paying B Team for Malcolm; with them and Bertelli (that'll skip only China) there's an obvious synergy that will enable MSport to decrease their own logistics costs.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

Btw, great livery for DMack car: nice, simple and effective!
    So why would he in that case make the statement as if he had plans not to? (if I don't come, at least my people will...)

I mean by any form of logic and reason he should do as you say but... His statement indicates otherwise.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    So why would he in that case make the statement as if he had plans not to? (if I don't come, at least my people will...)

I mean by any form of logic and reason he should do as you say but... His statement indicates otherwise.
    he always moans about ''tight'' budget because he is not a ''works'' team.He always looking for sponsors.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts

Northern Irish driver Jon Armstrong beat off challenges from nine other finalists to win the Vatanen Touch award at the Drive DMACK Fiesta shoot-out today. The 21-year-old is rewarded with a funded prize drive in next year’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy which takes place over five FIA World Rally Championship rallies. He will drive an M-Sport-prepared Ford Fiesta R2T.

The Vatanen Touch was created to allow private drivers to compete alongside the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy regulars on individual events – providing an opportunity to gain experience of world rallies and assess their pace against the Trophy contenders.

One driver was nominated from each round along with competitors from the main Trophy who contested all five events.

Armstrong was selected as a finalist after a stunning performance on Rally Spain, where he set a series of solid times on his world rally debut. He beat off competition today from Australia’s Brendan Reeves, who finished a close second, UK drivers John MacCrone and Gus Greensmith and Finns Max Vatanen and Eerik Pietarinen.

The two-day assessment at M-Sport’s headquarters included physical and media tests before 2015 M-Sport World Rally Team driver Elfyn Evans scrutinised driving skills behind the wheel of a Ford Fiesta R2.

The competition was intense but after a series of interviews with DMACK and M-Sport representatives, who quizzed drivers on their personal development and competition plans for the future, Armstrong edged through to become the winner of the inaugural Vatanen Touch award.

Finalists
    Jon Armstrong (UK) – Rally Spain nominee
    Mats van den Brand (Netherlands)
    Tom Cave (UK)
    Kevin van Deijne (Netherlands)
    Gus Greensmith (UK)
    John MacCrone (UK) – Rally Deutschland nominee
    Mikko-Ove Niinemae (Estonia) – Estonian DMACK Cup Winner
    Eerik Pietarinen (Finland) – Rally Finland nominee
    Brendan Reeves (Australia) – Wildcard
    Max Vatanen (Finland)

Jon Armstrong said: “Winning this prize means the world to me. It’s a great opportunity for me to step up to the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy next season and really make the most of it. Competing on Spain this year was fantastic and I’m really looking forward to more WRC events and proving to DMACK and M-Sport that they made the right choice.”

Malcolm Wilson OBE, M-Sport managing director, said: “I was really impressed with the quality and dedication of all the finalists and it demonstrates how eager our Fiesta drivers are to progress their careers. However, Jon shone through and I’m confident he will make the most of this excellent opportunity in next season’s Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy.”

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “The success of the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy has surpassed our expectations again this year and the Vatanen Touch is another way for us to reward private drivers and competitors who have supported our series. Jon has really impressed us today and we are looking forward to giving him our full support as he steps up to WRC action next season.”

#M-SPORTER

11. Likes: dimviii (17th December 2015)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Van de brand again? Wasn't he competing last year too? He won if I remember right