Hybrid View

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If Bernie et al would cease siphoning the life-blood from F1 and allow it to return to the basic motorsport, perhaps normal people could afford to attend and TV cost would return to reasonable levels. If not what will we be left with? Six Japanese GPs, three Abu Dhabi GPs and a few select, possibly alternating sites, to complete the calendar.
    Why can't F1 have V8s or some standardized powerplant instead of super-hightech combos that cost fortunes to develop? Let FormulaE or some other series be the conscience of the sport and F1 to be pinnacle of driving. I'd rather see it go in the direction of tin-tops and let the best man, or woman, win on the track in equal cars. Why do you need 600 people in a factory chasing the dream at whatever cost when it could be 20-30 in total? I see why Ferrari or even McLaren might use it as a marketing strategy but what do Force India, Sauber, Marussia, etc. have to sell apart from the products of their sponsors who could continue to do so?

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I see CVC as a much bigger problem than even Bernie. Hopefully they will soon sell their stake and new ownership will reinvest and work to build the sport, rather than just worrying about growing profits... at the expense of F1's future.

BTW, the rumor I read just the other day was that Jaguar-Land Rover (Tata Motors: TTM) was looking at buying Silverstone. If that happens, then hopefully the future of the race would not be in jeopardy any longer. It seems so strange that there is no German Grand Prix, no French Grand Prix and Silverstone and Monza are under threat.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith