Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Which car is the car of the 2015 season?

Which team can you say has the most beautiful car of the 2015 season? We are not talking about power here but aesthetics. How it looks from the front, side, top and rear. I have a soft spot for the Ferrari, Mclaren, Force India with the nostrils, Redbull, the Mercedes and the Williams. Picking which is the best looking is a bit hard, but l find the lines of the Ferrari puts it ahead of the rest.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 10th December 2015 at 14:19.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Ferrari is my best pick right now. Mercedes wasn't bad this year but it was actully less aesthetically pleasing to me than their 2014 model which reminded me of an old front radiator car. We have to guess about the other cars especially Haas so who knows what might pop out.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    1. Mercedes - Do I need to explain it?
    2. Ferrari - solidly ahead of the rest, huge improvement over the 2014 season
    3. Force India - ok, may be it is not the car, but i was genuinely happy to see Force India finishing strongly many times and even tasting the podium.
    4. Toro Rosso - surprisingly, there were a few races where Red Bulls weren't much faster than Toro Rossos. A few times STR cars finished ahead of Red Bulls. I guess this means STR made into my honorable mention list.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    1. Mercedes - Do I need to explain it?
    2. Ferrari - solidly ahead of the rest, huge improvement over the 2014 season
    3. Force India - ok, may be it is not the car, but i was genuinely happy to see Force India finishing strongly many times and even tasting the podium.
    4. Toro Rosso - surprisingly, there were a few races where Red Bulls weren't much faster than Toro Rossos. A few times STR cars finished ahead of Red Bulls. I guess this means STR made into my honorable mention list.
    For some odd reason, I get the impression that you haven't quite read the first post.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'm still in a 12-step program to prevent me from buying any more diecast models. But if I was to fall off the wagon and start buying again, I'd have a B-spec Force India on order right this second. I really like the lines and the livery of that bad boy! That's easily my favorite.

The broken beak Ferrari was so ugly last season that I can appreciate the looks of this year's (average looking) Ferrari. The Mercedes W06 hasn't really changes that much and I still think that it's an attractive car - but it's no Lotus 78. IMO, the Red Bull looked better this year, but it didn't WOW! me.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Most of them were still dull at best or ugly at worst. At least an improvement from the horror show that was the 2014 nose-job. Ferrari and Merc were the better looking ones our of the lot.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's your gut instinct to say that Mercedes are the team of the season, judging by the fact they did win the CC. However, I prefer to look at development for this kind of accolade. This leads me to suggest Force India for the title of 'car of the year'. They haven't been in the sport for long- I always forget if it was 2008 or not when they first appeared and who they took over, although I know the team they took over took over from the Jordan team. (please correct if wrong). They've got Perez and Hulkenberg who are both massively underrated. Their car is beautiful and quick, they have shocked us over the past couple years due to their strength. They've got a good future.

1. Force India
    2. Mercedes
    3. Williams