Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Rally Yearbook 2015

There will be no 'WRC Face to Face' this year.

So, except from 'Rallyworld', any alternatives?
    www.rallydigital.be

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    What is Rallyworld?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    What is Rallyworld?
    This

http://www.willyweyens.com/

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Is there a big enough market for Rally Year books? It would seem not. Both Rallycourse & Pirelli/ Martin Holmes Annual were discontinued a few years ago.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Ahhhhh.....

Seems like a small market

McKlein calendars for the win!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Is there a big enough market for Rally Year books? It would seem not. Both Rallycourse & Pirelli/ Martin Holmes Annual were discontinued a few years ago.
    Yeah clearly not. And seemingly being confirmed as the 'Official Yearbook of the WRC' is the kiss of death. My bookshelf is a sorry tale of good things coming to an end. So probably quite an accurate reflection of the WRC haha.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

7. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd December 2015),janvanvurpa (3rd December 2015),Leon (4th December 2015)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yeah clearly not. And seemingly being confirmed as the 'Official Yearbook of the WRC' is the kiss of death. My bookshelf is a sorry tale of good things coming to an end. So probably quite an accurate reflection of the WRC haha.
    Or the book industry...?

9. Likes: janvanvurpa (3rd December 2015)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Definitely it is a small market, but there is still a market. I believe in print. I admit I have not purchased Face to Face -books, but Martin Holmes' books I considered different. It's about the content. If it's rally-by-rally structure, then it should include small details and information that still is fresh a year after the event. Somehow Holmes managed in this. Also statistic side should be thorough - with chassis numbers and all that kind of rally nerd stuff. On the other hand I'd prefer to read feature articles a lot more and they'd fit in a calendar structure too. How about 10 000 words story from each rounds' surroundings or similar. And then cover the event with smaller space. There are so many untold stories in this sport, so many angles to come in. OK - there's no money involved in this business form, so it had to be done with heart. :-) That's a lot to ask.

How much would you pay for a magazine like publication that'd come out maybe just 4 times a year, each issue would be around 180-200 pages and cover recent stuff from WRC, ERC and selected other series + rallying culture feature (fans, events, nostalgia) + some technical stuff. I would pay around 20€ per issue if it prooves to be worthy.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

11. Likes: dimviii (3rd December 2015),Leon (4th December 2015),millbrook (3rd December 2015),pantealex (4th December 2015),Rally Power (4th December 2015),tommeke_B (3rd December 2015)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    What did people think of those Face to Face books? I have six of them (I think that's the complete set?)

I bought them purely for the imagery. They were really no kind of annual. And honestly some of the quotes and captioning made me throw up in my mouth it was so bad. The author/photographer disappeared up his own arse 3 or 4 times in each book.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Another one hugely missing Holmes yearbook! FIA should pay him to do the job again, as MH work was more than a simple book; it was a annual celebration of the sport!

F2F was ok just for the looks of it. Rallyworld's remains the best choice, and there's also a very similar (but in spanish) book called Imagenes, covering WRC, ERC and Spanish champ.
    Rally addict since 1982

14. Likes: Leon (8th December 2015)