Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I would bet my trousers that you guys are going to watch F1 in 2016. Ok at least one race. Tell you why, You would want to see if Ferrari has closed the gap to Mercedes, at least enough to consistently win races. You would want to see if Honda can bring a better engine in 2016 and watch Alonso or Button put the Mclaren on the podium for the first time in three years or even longer. You would also want to see if the Haas team can live up to its promise of mixing it in the midfield in their first year. Also you would want to see what 2016 holds for Redbull, do they drift further back due to engine issues.

A more curious prospect is whether Rosberg can carry his current form into 2016 to reproduce the tense battle of 2014.

2015 has been boring because Rosberg did not turn up until after Hamilton had sealed the drivers title. Also because Ferrari are still too far behind to give Mercedes something to think about. But more so because Mercedes were running one strategy on both cars, hence a driver that did not qualify in front is stuck behind for the whole race. Then there is the crap regulations that has crippled Honda and Renault, consequently Redbull and Mclaren.

That said, there were some great moments; Vettel winning a few races for Ferrari. Young Verstapenn overtakes. Kimi and Bottas rivalry
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd December 2015 at 08:54.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Yep^..

Other than Spa and Monaco I've really not been bothered if I watched the races live or even if I hadn't remembered to record them this season... but if its a lot closer in 2016 (which I think it will be) then I definately will.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    ^^I think more than Rosberg finally turning up, Hamilton was on vacation mode after the title.
    For all his so-called greatness,professionalism and work ethic, I doubt this would have happened to Schumacher or Alonso.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

4. Likes: Jag_Warrior (1st December 2015)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    ^^I think more than Rosberg finally turning up, Hamilton was on vacation mode after the title.
    For all his so-called greatness,professionalism and work ethic, I doubt this would have happened to Schumacher or Alonso.
    Agreed. Whether he wants to admit it or not, partying like he does is going to negatively affect his on track performance and no more proof of that than the last couple of weeks. While I still count him as one of the fastest ever, I don't know if I'll ever be able to count Hamilton as one of the true all time greats but time will tell.

I'll always watch F1 no matter.

6. Likes: Jag_Warrior (1st December 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well...

I counted, how many races I watched this year (2015), and realized I still watched more than half. So not too bad.

Anyway. It dawned me in late 2013, when Vettel was winning race-after-race, that I was sort-of worn out by F1. It was then, when I took the decision - hey, I do not need to watch every single race. If I don't feel like watching I can skip them. And sure enough, in both 2014 and 2015 I have missed races. The downside is that you can obviously miss an odd good race as well.

So... probably I will watch F1 in 2016. But I will miss races, probably even more races than this year. So a gradual downscaling. But I don't think I will completely abandon F1 either. I still feel way too much connection to it to keep following. While I have almost completely abandoned following quite a number of other sports I for instance followed 10-15 years ago.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Agreed. Whether he wants to admit it or not, partying like he does is going to negatively affect his on track performance and no more proof of that than the last couple of weeks. While I still count him as one of the fastest ever, I don't know if I'll ever be able to count Hamilton as one of the true all time greats but time will tell.

There's another way to look at it though. Having clinched the championship, Hamilton may have eased off a little in the interest of harmony in the team, not to mention getting a 1-2 for Mercedes.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post

Yes, I think that Lewis talked himself into believing that he was a racing god, and that he could drink, dance & play all night... at the same time that Nico felt that his manhood was at stake. So while Lewis was wandering the streets of Monaco at 3AM, Nico was shaking his fists and screaming to the sky, "I ain't no punk! I ain't no punk!" I've been a Lewis fan since his junior formula days. And this late season iteration of the lad has been fairly pathetic, IMO. If he wants to be like Senna, then don't act a fool, like some empty-headed, s### talking rapper.

As for watching F1 next season, unless I die before the season starts, I will watch every single race - just like always. I'm unable to watch them live these days, but my DVR sessions are treated like live events. Even if there's only one good pass all of next season, I want to see that one good pass.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    There's another way to look at it though. Having clinched the championship, Hamilton may have eased off a little in the interest of harmony in the team, not to mention getting a 1-2 for Mercedes.
    Sorry, but that's a load of rubbish. No driver is going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Yes, I think that Lewis talked himself into believing that he was a racing god, and that he could drink, dance & play all night... at the same time that Nico felt that his manhood was at stake. So while Lewis was wandering the streets of Monaco at 3AM, Nico was shaking his fists and screaming to the sky, "I ain't no punk! I ain't no punk!" I've been a Lewis fan since his junior formula days. And this late season iteration of the lad has been fairly pathetic, IMO. If he wants to be like Senna, then don't act a fool, like some empty-headed, s### talking rapper.

As for watching F1 next season, unless I die before the season starts, I will watch every single race - just like always. I'm unable to watch them live these days, but my DVR sessions are treated like live events. Even if there's only one good pass all of next season, I want to see that one good pass.
    Yeah, he might have 3 championships and, to be frank, I think he'd beat Senna over the course of a season as I've always felt Senna was over-rated anyway and that people's objectivity was lost just because of how he died. I don't count him among the all-time greats of the sport (as in top 5), personally. As for Lewis I don't count him there yet. The only one on the current grid I class as being an all time great is Alonso.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 1st December 2015 at 20:09.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Sorry, but that's a load of rubbish. No driver is going to do that.
    Don't be too sure about that. The driver in question may not on his own, but the team may have other ideas.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    As for Lewis I don't count him there yet. The only one on the current grid I class as being an all time great is Alonso.
    Schumacher
    Fangio
    Prost
    Vettel

The only four drivers to have won four or more.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!