Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    henners . PM .
    I've just responded. Apologies I don't seem to get notifications on my iPhone from Tapatalk any more.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Indeed DC and EJ are not professional presenters so if they can't present F1 any more they'll walk into something else without too much trouble. So I don't think you need to be too concerned for their welfare.

Suzi Perry is a professional presenter but she won't have any trouble finding work either.

Off camera people are a different story hopefully most of those will transition to Ch.4.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Exactly — and that bone-headed sections of the electorate are perfectly happy in being complicit in doing so, without any thought as to the wider consequences. Yes, that does mean the likes of some people on here, for whose views I have no respect.
    The people of the United Kingdom generally have proven themselves to be boneheads when a little over two thirds of the electorate voted against electoral reform in the AV referendum.
    That helps to explain why 36.9% of the vote translates into 51% of the seats and 100% of the control.

Aunty is doing wonders with falling budgets in real terms.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The people of the United Kingdom generally have proven themselves to be boneheads when a little over two thirds of the electorate voted against electoral reform in the AV referendum.
    That helps to explain why 36.9% of the vote translates into 51% of the seats and 100% of the control.

Aunty is doing wonders with falling budgets in real terms.
    I am still trying to get my head around the electoral reform outcome. The BBC dropping F1 is hard to comprehend, l am sure there are many other ways of bringing about the requisite levels of cuts without the need of dropping F1. Well, c'est la vie. I suppose we have to welcome ITV back, but l am wondering what the argument is for paying for TV licence. Particularly since a huge majority of what is televised holds no interest for me. Is the BBC still a viable proposition? Is it a fair proposition? I am sure there are very robust arguments for its continued existence, but there are equally robust arguments that its decline seems to be accelerating in recent times. Some noticeable manifestations of the philosophy of how it is managed and operated suggest that its problems stems from the managerials shortcomings of the organisation rather that its operational aspect which has remained quite excellent in the face of dwindling budgets.

The BBC F1 Team have this year performed at a highly commendable level, making every broadcasted race a great experience and those not broadcasted they have provided enough information, commentary, articles and highlights to make for the lack of live broadcast. Like the NHS, the BBC is needing to find ways to manage itself more cost effectively to justify the legal obligation for citizens to pay for TV licence which is to a very large british population a very expensive outgoing in their living budget.

That said, l love the idea of the BBC and hope it continues somehow. The absence of the BBC would be a social mutation that would leave most generation of living britons somewhat punch drunk for the irreplaceable void that the BBC shall leave behind. Commercial companies would be quick to try to fill that void, but would lack the soul of the BBC which has touched, educated, informed and entertained so many generations of Britons in a unique and special way.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I suppose we have to welcome ITV back
    Well you can do, although technically they've never been away, and it's Channel 4 who'll be broadcasting F1.

People do moan on about the licence fee, but if it does ever go the BBC will simply have to transform into another ad-supported channel - and I suspect people would dislike that just as much, if not more. Except there'd be no going back from that, I suspect...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Commercial companies would be quick to try to fill that void, but would lack the soul of the BBC which has touched, educated, informed and entertained so many generations of Britons in a unique and special way.
    Welcome to the USA.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!