Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Skky's F1 TV Coverate

The following article is actually really good and it's something I've noticed and has bothered me a little, especially over the last couple of weekens. It has been obvious, especially since Hamilton won the championship that the TV coverage of him, not to mention Sky's distorted view of what Hamilton's reality is becoming quite an issue. The below article sums it up nicely.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18...-must-end-now/

Generally I really like Sky's TV coverage but there's really nothing in the above link I can disagree with and I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.

Thoughts?

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Rubbish article.
    Any driver who dominates will attract attention.
    This guy should try tuning into the German channel during a race or
    an Italian channel when Valentino Rossi is racing.

edit... Ok, I've thought about this a little more and because I haven't seen much of the last two races my comments are meaningless. The author may have a point. Please feel free to tear me apart . . .
    Last edited by Warriwa; 18th November 2015 at 22:51.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I haven't watched Sky's coverage - not that I recall, anyway. When I watched races on the BBC, I was actually quite happy with their commentary - it seemed to be really well-balanced, in contrast to Spain's broadcasters, who make it Alonso Hour. It would be sad if Britain's broadcaster went that same way...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    , in contrast to Spain's broadcasters, who make it Alonso Hour.
    How on earth do they manage that ?!
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18...-must-end-now/

Generally I really like Sky's TV coverage but there's really nothing in the above link I can disagree with and I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.

Thoughts?
    I'd like to point out the hypocrisy here.

The only way this guy saw the GP live was because he paid for Foxtel. By paying for Foxtel, he's voted with his cash. The fact that Sky (and Foxtel) continue at all is because people like him continue to pay for it.
    I hate to say it but if you're actively paying Rupert's lot to sell you muck, they will sell you muck. You don't get a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think Sky need to rebalance their reporting.
    I think Sky need to go bankrupt; instantly. Chapter 7 style; with the whole lot being nationalised. Aunty is better than the mad Uncle.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Sky for me is only an option if I am in on a Sunday (rarely) and the BBC don't have the race live. I much prefer the Beeb as they are streets ahead IMO. Sky follow a very commercial script and dare I say I can't stand Martin Brundle any more. They do go overboard with the champion worship too.