Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , in effect , the only chance Lewis had to fight was when they encountered those backmarkers .
    It's probably happened many times before , but it really bugged me when Nico was able to use them to get the DRS open , when they should be diving out of the way so as to not affect the leaders's races .
    It sounds like you want to change the rules to give Hamilton a better chance to win a race that's already finished.

Backmarkers have always affected battles for the higher positions. Sometimes it's the guy in front who gets the advantage, sometimes the guy behind. The introduction of DRS didn't change that, and neither would removing DRS for passing backmarkers.

2. Likes: N4D13 (18th November 2015)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    It sounds like you want to change the rules to give Hamilton a better chance to win a race that's already finished.

Backmarkers have always affected battles for the higher positions. Sometimes it's the guy in front who gets the advantage, sometimes the guy behind. The introduction of DRS didn't change that, and neither would removing DRS for passing backmarkers.
    But for the "win a race that's already finished" bit , I mostly agree .

My point is , though , that Lewis would likely have had a much better chance to get close enough to Nico to attempt a pass in the pre-DRS era .
    Backmarkers have always represented an opportunity in this regard .

But , i believe it to be less so now , and also believe it an easy fix .
    That's all .

I don't care who the guy behind is , but I want him to be able to push the guy ahead into a mistake as he gets through traffic .