Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Roger Albert Clark Rally 2015

Cancelled..... And no plans to run in 2016.

Lack of entries. A huge shame, a fantastic event, but could never pull in the 'big names' like other events in Europe did.
    Another kick in the teeth for UK rallying.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Shame, haven't been for a few years but it was great fun following it from Leeds to Scarborough and then over to Forest of Ae for the next day. I think they took a hammering with snow the other year and that kind of stage mileage can't be cheap to secure so break even for the event is probably quite high.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    I never got to go but from what I have seen over the years it always looked like one of the highlights of the British rallying calendar, probably was THE highlight when Wales Rally GB was at it's lowest point. Real shame and I hope when it returns it remains something we can identify as the Roger Albert Clark Rally.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Four years ago we travelled from NZ to the UK to view two events, The WRC in Wales and the RAC Rally. Why ? Well the first reason was because of Hayden and the second simply they were the two events that Kiwis were brought up on by way of the English motoring magazines and by our heroes of the past who so many of us were fortunate enough to compete against during the days of Rally NZ being part of the WRC. I truly hope that they are able to find the way to keep this iconic event running. My best wishes to Colin and his team for I do know how much energy and time goes into organising such an event.