Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Money. If you want to have live, it costs some money. And sponsors are not interested in paying extra money for it. And on the other hand - lot of events needs spectators in service and stages. They are bringing them money (by tickets, selling programmes, goods etc), also sponsors are interested to see lot of spectators around the stages than "only in TV"...
    That is seemingly the truth.
    So there's no point in complaining about it - when organisers. sponsors aren't bothered about live TV. You get the sport you deserve....

Though I still think its the promoter who should provide the money for the TV, not the event organisers. Promoters do very little promoting....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Money. If you want to have live, it costs some money. And sponsors are not interested in paying extra money for it. And on the other hand - lot of events needs spectators in service and stages. They are bringing them money (by tickets, selling programmes, goods etc), also sponsors are interested to see lot of spectators around the stages than "only in TV"...
    Gladly, in Açores there are spectators everywhere, in fact the whole Island stops to see the rally. Even so, Açores Rally organizers, alongside the national TV local center, broadcast live two stages on this year rally, plus the pre event street stage. None was showed on EuroSport channels. Probably the only cost for ES would be satellite time, a small fraction of the generous fee paid by Açores organizers; still ES chose to show snooker games or summer ski jumps…
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: nafpaktos (8th October 2016)
    Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Azores needs more 300.000 euros for next year edition, organizers are saying.

An event that generated a return of EUR 14 million in the past 3 years I do not understand how they have difficulty in getting further money to complete the budget.
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Pacheco View Post
    Azores needs more 300.000 euros for next year edition, organizers are saying.
    They’ll get it, don’t worry. Açores Rally has become one of the most charismatic ERC events and local authorities are fully committed to it. That’s why organizers managed to extend their contract with Eurosport till 2019. What really matters now is too have ES doing a proper job promoting ERC; otherwise people will probably start to question the huge public funding value.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: AndyRAC (9th October 2016),nafpaktos (8th October 2016)
    So, what exactly do Eurosport? Very little it seems. Very little promotion, even less in regards to Live TV; just collecting 'hosting fees'.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Maybe because they realised that their investment was total loss and didn't fulfil their expectations?why on earth should they abandon a profitable product?
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Compared to the old ERC, with many rallies and different coeffisients of importance and points, is ERC getting closer to being a real alternativ to WRC for talent moving up, and gentleman drivers having fun?

I feel it is becoming a good valuable series, that drivers like doing, and teams offer drivers to compete in.
    You also see drivers that has been in WRC, but lost their factory seat, look to ERC to rebuild their career.

Any more adjustments ERC need to do, to be even better?

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Was speaking to someone recently who had been in the early stages of negotiation with ES about bringing a round of the European series to this part of the world a few years back. Money was the prime topic of conversation and by that I mean everything else wasnt really of interest to the promoter..
    Everything now is primary about money. In WRC it is much worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Was speaking to someone recently who had been in the early stages of negotiation with ES about bringing a round of the European series to this part of the world a few years back. Money was the prime topic of conversation and by that I mean everything else wasnt really of interest to the promoter..
    If I remember, that was some kind of Rally Yorkshire - with backing from 'Welcome to Yorkshire'. It fell through, when the chance to host the 2014 Grand Depart came up.......I think they made the right decision - as much as it pains me as also a rally fan, as well as a cycling fan.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    If I remember, that was some kind of Rally Yorkshire - with backing from 'Welcome to Yorkshire'. It fell through, when the chance to host the 2014 Grand Depart came up.......I think they made the right decision - as much as it pains me as also a rally fan, as well as a cycling fan.
    So it was in dates when Circuit of Ireland was in discussion to be part of ERC?