Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    I think Neuville will continue these kind of appearances.I think he is overestimated.Over all what he's done as driver until now?just a good half year some years ago with ford and some scarce good appearances with hyundai.Some will blame the car but i don't think this is the reason.Paddon with the <same> car with less testing performed relatively better if we take in mind his lack of experience.My question is what chances abbring will take??????????????
    Neuville vs Paddon is not an easy issue. Paddon comes from nowhere and must constantly (im)prove himself. Neuville jumped into the car as the "big star" which is supposed to win titles and respect just for his pay check amount and recent achievements. The reality is different though....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Neuville was pretty good in 2011 IRC, and had he stayed with Citroën beyond 2012, I think he could be in a better place now. I thought him going to Hyundai was a career suicide (though at first I thought the team won't be up to par, not the driver), and sadly it seems I was right, but I really hope that he can turn this around, and not just for his, but for the championship's sake too.
    He ended 2011 IRC season on 5th place behind Mikkelsen, Kopecký, Hänninen and Loix. He did 10 events, Mikkelsen 11, Kopecký 10, Hänninen and Loix both only 8 but they still finished ahead. Though I have to admit that Škoda definitely had better car than Peugeot in that time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Neuville vs Paddon is not an easy issue. Paddon comes from nowhere and must constantly (im)prove himself. Neuville jumped into the car as the "big star" which is supposed to win titles and respect just for his pay check amount and recent achievements. The reality is different though....
    It's true that Paddon is doing a great job, just like Neuville did back in 2012 as Citroen 3rd driver. The Belgium ’13 season with Ford was even more remarkable and his first year with Hyundai was also very positive. Why wasn't he able to progress during '15? What happened with him or with the team? Can he get back to his best? Will he be able to do it with Hyundai? Maybe only after knowing the answer to these questions we can make a fair judgment on Neuville's current situation. It’s too soon to call him the new Duval.

Btw, many tend to forget that Paddon started a regular WRC career before Neuville, on PWRC field. For sure since 2012 Neuville was able to progress much more quickly, but the talented Kiwi is far from being a newcomer.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 12th March 2016 at 03:12.
    Rally addict since 1982

4. Likes: focus206 (12th March 2016),tommeke_B (12th March 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Btw, many tend to forget that Paddon started a regular WRC career before Neuville, on PWRC field. For sure since 2012 Neuville was able to progress much more quickly, but the talented Kiwi is far from being a newcomer.
    May be misunderstanding, I meant from wrc car experience perspective, I know Paddon was in PWRC/SWRC fields.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Ogier onboard from the 80 km stage.Any brave to watch? Its just 46 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgZLjM7zyXo
    Last edited by dimviii; 16th March 2016 at 17:58.

7. Likes: rayh_mx (16th March 2016)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Two minutes & 6.8s less than actual time.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ogier onboard from the 80 km stage.Any brave to watch? Its just 46 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgZLjM7zyXo
    44:35 i was there
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)