Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2015 Mexico GP

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    How can you be so fanatism... Remembering Monaco 2014 to support Hamilton making a dirty move? That's how a champion plays?

Hamilton is the best in the field right now. He won last championship and this too, fully deserved. But it would have been very dirty to win in Mexico by doing that. It's obvious that Rosberg could have not pitted and won too. But it was a consensual decision just for safety, that's the point.

For once Rosberg does better than Hamilton... And you pretend to steal his race :c

He deserved Mexico, did an impressive race, just like Hamilton is doing every time though

2. Likes: N4D13 (6th November 2015),Zico (4th November 2015)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah but at Monaco the only reason Rosberg won was because of the team making a pit stop blunder. Do you think for a second Rosberg would have given Hamilton the lead back if he had come out in second place? Not on your life. I think Hamilton should have gone tough luck Nico and continued on. It would have leveled things out at least win wise.
    I completely agree.
    I've been quiet for the past few days because i was pretty pissed on how things went down with the "mandatory" pits
    It was complete bollocks to claim the tires were not going to last, FFS they just did 31 on the softs with heavier fuel.

One can be teammates to a certain level. but if Rosberg's side of the garage wanted that extra pit stop, then Hamilton's side should be under no obligation to follow suit.
    His race engineer continues to not look out for the best interest of his driver and more for the "team" effort.
    I don't care what anyone says, Hamilton did not have to pit nor wanted to pit, he was fine in his situation. If Nico's team decided their strategy why should Hamilton have to oblige?
    This isn't even remotely close to being about fairness. It is simply an orchestrated effort to ensure Rosberg take his pity win

As a fan, it would have been even more interesting to see a faster Nico close up to Hamilton in the last few laps and get a proper duel like we had in bahrain 2014
    There really was no competition from anyone else. And for those who would say the safety car washed out that situation, they are wrong.
    Because if Hamilton was in the lead he might have pitted under the safety car and retained his lead, or better yet, just stayed out and took advantage of several laps of little tire degradation behind the SC.

so much for allowing them to race SMH
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    One can be teammates to a certain level. but if Rosberg's side of the garage wanted that extra pit stop, then Hamilton's side should be under no obligation to follow suit.
    His race engineer continues to not look out for the best interest of his driver and more for the "team" effort.
    I don't care what anyone says, Hamilton did not have to pit nor wanted to pit, he was fine in his situation. If Nico's team decided their strategy why should Hamilton have to oblige?
    This isn't even remotely close to being about fairness. It is simply an orchestrated effort to ensure Rosberg take his pity win
    Where on earth is this coming from? Mercedes decided to pit both cars. Who is saying the idea came from Rosberg's side of the garage?

Rosberg was winning before they made these precautionary stops, and was still winning after. There is no favouritism or orchestration there. If they'd told Rosberg to come in and allowed Hamilton to stay out, then that would have been inequitable.

Look at it from the team's point of view. Even if they're 90% sure they can get to the end of the end of the race without problems, that's still a 10% chance that they will end up retiring or losing some places. With the gap they had, why wouldn't you pit both cars and make 100% sure of a 1-2 finish.

5. Likes: Bagwan (3rd November 2015),gm99 (3rd November 2015),Javi013 (3rd November 2015),N4D13 (6th November 2015),Zico (4th November 2015)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Andy , stop making sense .

7. Likes: gm99 (3rd November 2015),N4D13 (6th November 2015),Zico (4th November 2015)
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I completely agree.
    I've been quiet for the past few days because i was pretty pissed on how things went down with the "mandatory" pits
    It was complete bollocks to claim the tires were not going to last, FFS they just did 31 on the softs with heavier fuel.

As a fan, it would have been even more interesting to see a faster Nico close up to Hamilton in the last few laps and get a proper duel like we had in bahrain 2014
    There really was no competition from anyone else. And for those who would say the safety car washed out that situation, they are wrong.
    Because if Hamilton was in the lead he might have pitted under the safety car and retained his lead, or better yet, just stayed out and took advantage of several laps of little tire degradation behind the SC.

so much for allowing them to race SMH
    Do you really think Rosberg needed a pit?
    The team acted smartly. They thought about the blowout possibility or any other damage, which was equal for two of them. Rosberg didn't need this pit more than Hamilton or something

If Rosberg knows Hamilton is not gonna pit, he obviously wouldn't have pitted. And he would have won too!

9. Likes: Zico (4th November 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javi013 View Post
    Do you really think Rosberg needed a pit?
    The team acted smartly. They thought about the blowout possibility or any other damage, which was equal for two of them. Rosberg didn't need this pit more than Hamilton or something

If Rosberg knows Hamilton is not gonna pit, he obviously wouldn't have pitted. And he would have won too!
    The fact of the matter is we do not know how things would panned out if the Mercedes team had left both cars out till the end of the Mexico race. From the radio message, it seemed Rosberg needed a pitstop for tyres more than Hamilton did at that point of the race. Teams have alot of covert ways of bringing about a result and force-ably telling a driver to pit when the driver, after assessing the state of his tyres, say to the team his tyres are still good for a few more laps, is clear indication of the team meddling with the outcome of the race.

Personally, l think the outcome of the race is the right one. It is in the best interest of the team for their drivers to finish the season first and second in the driver's championship. What l take issue with, is that they did not seem to have discussed this internally and agreed the outcome between the drivers prior to the race. They have left the drivers to race each other and have appeared to have tried to manipulate the end result when the situation has gone against their desired outcome. This is where most of the frustration is stemming from.

As it is, most are seeing a pattern where the team has on occasions brought about a Rosberg win. Monaco 2014 and arguably Mexico 2015.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th November 2015 at 18:29.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    It seems that lately, most here just can't enjoy the race for what it is.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...iracy-too-much

I'd rather enjoy the race and look at the events without bias myself.

I enjoyed the race in Mexico. Lots of strange little things, and a few good battles. Some of the young guns are showing talent. Some of the usual master slipped though, but it happens.

Did anyone else enjoy when Sainz waited until the stadium section to let Perez pass?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am not sure why you chaps keep going on about Monaco 2014. Hamilton won the drivers title in the end, hence it is water under the bridge as far as he is concerned. You have to let it go. He has also won the 2015 title, hence it would have been childish for him to spoil Rosberg's chance of putting some gap between himself and Vettel for the 2nd place spot. It would have been quite damaging to Hamilton's image if he had done that. We would been talking about what a selfish guy he was on this forum.
    The truth is Hamilton had more to lose than gain from stealing the win from Rosberg at Mexico. It is really pointless.
    I was actually on about Monaco 2015 not 2014.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The fact of the matter is we do not know how things would panned out if the Mercedes team had left both cars out till the end of the Mexico race. From the radio message, it seemed Rosberg needed a pitstop for tyres more than Hamilton did at that point of the race. Teams have alot of covert ways of bringing about a result and force-ably telling a driver to pit when the driver, after assessing the state of his tyres, say to the team his tyres are still good for a few more laps, is clear indication of the team meddling with the outcome of the race.

Personally, l think the outcome of the race is the right one. It is in the best interest of the team for their drivers to finish the season first and second in the driver's championship. What l take issue with, is that they did not seem to have discussed this internally and agreed the outcome between the drivers prior to the race. They have left the drivers to race each other and have appeared to have tried to manipulate the end result when the situation has gone against their desired outcome. This is where most of the frustration is stemming from.

As it is, most are seeing a pattern where the team has on occasions brought about a Rosberg win. Monaco 2014 and arguably Mexico 2015.
    I don't believe for a second that the team brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. Rosberg brought about that win by cheating in qualifying. There's not much more to Monaco 2014 than that really.

The crux of the issue here that I can see if a lack of communication between Hamilton and Mercedes. Now that the championship was over, Hamilton wanted to be able to run his own race and he never communicated that to Mercedes management. Likewise, Mercedes management should have realized with two drivers like that, they might want to run their own strategy for the remainder of the season.

In my experience, most problems are solved by better communication and this is no different here. It's a learning process for both driver and team.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 5th November 2015 at 09:00.

14. Likes: truefan72 (5th November 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't believe for a second that the team brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. Rosberg brought about that win by cheating in qualifying. There's not much more to Monaco 2014 than that really.

The crux of the issue here that I can see if a lack of communication between Hamilton and Mercedes. Now that the championship was over, Hamilton wanted to be able to run his own race and he never communicated that to Mercedes management. Likewise, Mercedes management should have realized with two drivers like that, they might want to run their own strategy for the remainder of the season.

In my experience, most problems are solved by better communication and this is no different here. It's a learning process for both driver and team.
    It was the Mercedes team's action that brought about a Rosberg win in Monaco 2014. It was arguably an error of Mercedes, the end effect was that they caused it to happen by their actions. It was not a DNF, it was a pitwall action that caused it. They did not tell Rosberg to hand the place back to Hamilton, but rather let the race run through to its conclusion. Team orders is still legal in F1, hence they could have easily done that.
    When Kyvat was ask to let Ricciado by to see if hecould win the race on fresher tyres and turned out he couldn't, he was asked to hand the place back to Kyvat as he originally had the advantage.

Hence, l do not buy the idea that it was a mistake and that is racing. Rosberg did not earn the lead by overtaking Lewis but was gifted the lead by the team. If they told Rosberg to handover the lead to Hamilton and he refused that would be another matter. They said nothing and watched a farsical win unfold. The situation would have been credible if it had happened across two separate teams, within the same team it is simply dodgy.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th November 2015 at 09:11.

16. Likes: truefan72 (5th November 2015)