Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You know , Nitro , the world needs guys in black hats as well as ones in white ones .

Hamilton's bad boy rapper image fits perfectly with the series right now , and the disruption within the team has been what has really made it interesting this season .
    Without the tension between Nico and Lewis , it could have been a much bigger yawn .

Sure , I've been on Nico's side in most of the debates this season , but I think I've been reasonably consistent in my assessments of the clashes .

I try not to get too bent out of shape when folks brand me on here .
    But , I'd rather they debate about the actual topic .

If you think I'm wrong about anything , then , by all means , take me to task about it . I'm game .

And , don't worry , as Storm can take care of himself .
    He's wiser than I , as I've been involved in this debate for longer .
    Now you know how it feels when you brand other people without looking at their posts properly.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th December 2015 at 16:01.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Now you know how it feels when you brand other people without looking at their posts properly.
    Ew , that must have stung then .
    Sorry .

See , though , with your last post to Jag there , it shows that you do understand my point , and very well , I might add .
    Which , makes your toss-in about me to Storm a little rich .

Just like the deep dark Knight , who admitted not reading the rest of the post because of a single statement at the start , you took offense at "super-fan", when perhaps you should have defended why I called you that , which was because you suggested he may not have been trying .

As it turns out , he was trying , and really hard , because none of them likes being the first loser .
    And that goes double for Lewis .
    Lewis fans know this , and that's why we like him .

The hard core British Lewis Hamilton fan , in general , can sometimes find his antics tiring and hard to defend , but I can't wait to see what he gets up to next .
    The drama is great to watch , but I can't imagine trying to manage him in the team .

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I just read that Wolff reiterated his comment (threat?) about looking closely at his driver pairing going forward, if the relationship between Hamilton and Rosberg causes problems within the team. Because he's been very careful not to call out either driver individually, it's making me think that he's just launching a shot across the bow of both drivers. As for one driver being harder to manage than the other, we don't know what the references to "behind closed doors" is about. Other than Rosberg's hat toss and the ensuing Paddy Lowe death-stare and Hamilton's pouting, we aren't privy to what Wolff is really talking about.

But I can't see that Hamilton (or Rosberg) is any harder to manage than Alonso or Vettel. In fact, I'd say that he's probably easier to manage than Alonso. And young Verstappen appears to have many of the same defiant, cut-throat traits. As I've said before, other than Hill, Hakkinen and Button, I can't think of a sweet & easy going WDC over the past 25 years. Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schumacher, Villeneuve, Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel have all been giant pains in the @$$ for their teams at one time or another. I understand that Wolff wants to keep a lid on the boiling pot. But IMO, it just comes with the territory, unless you bring in a doormat second driver to be paired with your designated #1.

Maybe Toto will deliver the same talking points to both drivers in private conversations, thereby getting his message across and calming one or both down a bit. But my guess is, he's not going to really spell out which one (or both?) could be in danger going forward. We only know who has a current, longer term, big money contract (with more race wins and now three World Driving titles) and who doesn't. Lewis will be 33 or 34 by the time his contract is up. And by then, I'll be very surprised if the Mercedes is anywhere near as dominant as it is now. He might leave on his own for greener pastures. And unless Rosberg pulls a WDC title out of the hat over the next year or two, I'd say that Hamilton will find a lot more doors open to him than a 33 year old, titleless Rosberg. So if I woke up in late February 2016 and my name was Nico, I'd just do my best and not rock the boat too much throughout the season. Otherwise, when I woke up in late February of 2017, I might be reporting to Monisha Kaltenborn... asking her why my paycheck is late AGAIN!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

4. Likes: driveace (26th December 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Where does Nico go from here ,was the question ?
    Well the naughty step with the red peaked hat on would be o k by me .But for them turning down Lewis,s car and Lewis not being bothered once he had the title ,Nico would be throwing the toys out of the pram or hats again .Grow up Nico ,look at Vettel and see what a true German driver presents himself ,usually always smiling ,even though he is not in the dominant car

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    If Mercedes is micro detuning a driver's car to fix the race results, whether it's Hamilton's (late season) or Rosberg's (early season) then they should be banned from F1 for the next 20 years - polygraph tests are in order here.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 27th December 2015 at 00:47.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking