Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Where does Nico Rosberg go from here?

Just as an interesting subject.

He appears pretty confused in interviews about his error which he says he has never made before ever and cant understand it. He says Lewis was far too aggressive in his turn one move.

He looks tired and shattered after this.

So for him as he moves into 2016 and a likely dominant car again. How does he try and beat Lewis who appears to have increased his margin over him slightly in 2015. I know he has had bad luck and issues, but generally he has not matched and beaten Lewis as often this season.

Where and how does Nico develop for the future.
    Last edited by steveaki13; 25th October 2015 at 23:05.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Then it is interesting about the cap throwing in the warm down room. Nico says it was games.

Does he mean Lewis throwing a cap at him saying P2 on the side, or him messing and throwing it back.

It all seems Nico has really been mad tonight.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I think that Nico Rosberg lost a lot of support tonight by his childish attitude that all TV viewers witnessed as did the American spectators.There was no fun or joke involved.Lewis lightly tossed his cap over,and Rosberg hurled,it back actually hitting Hamilton ,Hamilton didn't respond ,but Paddy stared madly at Rosberg ,and on the podium Paddy took Rosbergs Champagne and sprayed Lewis and congratulated him as did Vettel.At no time did Rosberg congratulate Hamilton either pre podium or on the podium .Vettel this year has gone up in my estimation,and Rosberg has dropped a very long way.What I would really love to see is Hamilton and Vettel as team mates That would be brilliant racing

4. Likes: steveaki13 (26th October 2015)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    There are two possibilities:

1. Rosberg continues the same way in 2016.
    2. Rosberg puts on a "Barrichello smile" during the interviews

6. Likes: N. Jones (26th October 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I trade the FOREX market and occasionally there are times when you do your analysis and you are certain you have cornered an opportunity but for reasons outside your control the market just simply go the other way and l see my well laid plan disintegrate into a loss of money. That helpless empty feeling is what it must feel like for Rosberg to find that the fight for the title is over before the end of the season. All further potential to snatch the title is gone.
    I do not find his reaction inappropriate nor has he lost my appreciation. His disappointment is the proper reaction as it shows that he consider himself world championship material and is simply showing that he is hungry for the opportunity to win the next title.
    If the role was reversed, Hamilton would feel the same way but may have the courtesy of conceding defeat with more magnanimity.

You have to remember that Rosberg had the larger share of DNF due to reliability and had started a new family this season. Supporting his pregnant wife and the arrival of a baby all has their toll on his competitive edge. This accounts partially for the gap between himself and Hamilton. The other reason of course was Hamilton upped his game this season by fixing his major weaknesses of 2014; particularly his qualifying. The single guy is always going to beat the newly wed, new dad due to the difference in focus and commitment.

Rosberg would bounce back in 2016, and he must fix his weaknesses of 2015 to have a chance to take on Hamilton and beat him next season. He has to find some on track toughness and aggression to be in with a shout of winning the drivers world title with Hamilton in the same car.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2015 at 00:48.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Always the same isn't it for the 'number 2 driver'. Stay in the fast car, get on the podium regularly and occasional wins, but then be constantly beaten by your team mate. Or go to a lesser team where you'll be No. 1 but the best you can hope for is 5th or 6th?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Moss, Berger, Barichello, Webber... good enough to win races but not a championship.
    Or is Rosberg like Prost or Senna, who stood out from behind a world champion (Prost with Lauda; Senna with Prost).

Rosberg has been in the game ten years; which is usually too late to win a first championship. Only Mansell, Andretti and Button have gone a decade before they did eventually win a world championship.
    Time might have run out for Rosberg. He might have to shake his head harder to be rid of the No.2 hat.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    The cap throw from Hamilton was patronising and unnecessary.

11. Likes: Fly (28th October 2015)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Moss, Berger, Barichello, Webber... good enough to win races but not a championship.
    Or is Rosberg like Prost or Senna, who stood out from behind a world champion (Prost with Lauda; Senna with Prost).

Rosberg has been in the game ten years; which is usually too late to win a first championship. Only Mansell, Andretti and Button have gone a decade before they did eventually win a world championship.
    Time might have run out for Rosberg. He might have to shake his head harder to be rid of the No.2 hat.
    Remembering that in Andretti's case that wasn't a decade of uninterrupted F1 participation - he also had the best wingman of all time in his champ season, Rosberg would do well to study Ronnie's career to see how a real racer performs and behaves.

As for getting married as an excuse for under-performing - meh. LH also had personal turmoils with his emotional life last season, didn't see anyone cutting him slack. Everything about Rosberg's demeanour says -'this is not how it was supposed to pan out!'
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears View Post
    The cap throw from Hamilton was patronising and unnecessary.
    That is absolutely true .
    It was like saying "Here , put your #2 hat on , boy ."

He knew Nico was pi$$ed , and he knew why .

They've talked about this too many times before , and Nico is right to be angry .
    Toto said he understood why Nico acted as he did , and they will speak about it once again .

Interesting that Kimi seems to be of the same opinion as Nico , wanting some clarity about whether it's ok to push people off track , sliding down the inside .
    Having tried it down the inside of Bottas last race , and was obviously told that he must leave room for another car outside .

I think the both of them need to mouth off about this some more so that we can have some clarity here .
    Hamilton said he knew that Nico would have more grip , yet he thought it was ok that he understeered into him . I don't get where that isn't an admission of knowingly causing a collision .

Ugly win .

14. Likes: Mia 01 (26th October 2015)