Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Well done Lewis. I would be surprised if he doesn't win at least one more world title, so we have that to look forward to. Or if not, then I hope Vettel can win some more.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Congrat's to the Boss, well deserved!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Just got in from a long night's work, loaded up the bbc page wondering about the result, then was presented with "Hamilton wins 3rd title". Real happy for him, very deserving. This is making up for those relatively barren years of disappointment.

We just need at least one more title for Alonso now.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

4. Likes: truefan72 (26th October 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I guess he was always good enough for 3.

Really hard to see Alonso stuck on 2 though. If he is double champion while Vettel a 5/6 and Hamilton a 4/5 time champion it will be travesty if it isn't already.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    The most dominant season performance by Lewis for his third WDC, thoroughly deserved, well done.

Yep, Alonso deserves a couple more now though to set things right.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think Lewis won this title without a wobble. Unlike 2008 & 2014. So he should only get stronger.

Did anyone here him get the year of his first title wrong on Sky UK? He was talking about his first title in 2007....................
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Lewis Hamilton - World Champion 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I guess he was always good enough for 3.

Really hard to see Alonso stuck on 2 though. If he is double champion while Vettel a 5/6 and Hamilton a 4/5 time champion it will be travesty if it isn't already.
    I can't see Alonso getting another championship before he retires in 1 to 2 years time. As much as it is a travesty I can also be safe in the knowledge he is the best driver of this generation. I'm a Hamilton fan and also a big admirer of Fernando and we all know how good he is. Two world titles is more than many drivers end their careers with and its been a shame Fernando could not have challenged more over the past 9 years. Sadly some of his decisions a few years ago sculpted how his future turned out and I wish I could rewind time and shake the lad. Had he kept his head he could be where Lewis is now and ending his career on a multi championship run. He is still a legend in my eyes though.

9. Likes: Duncan (27th October 2015),jens (27th October 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    I think it is quite well known that I am not a fan of Hamilton in any way shape or form... but credit where it is due. He made very few mistakes and dominated his team mate, so what more could he do?

Sure a Merc was always going to win this time round, but much like the Red Bull years, it is not the drivers fault that his car is best.

As for next year, there is no reason to suspect that Merc will not be better than all again, and Rosberg is average at best, so there is a real likelihood of another title for Hamilton. Ferrari and Vettel might challenge more closely, if Ferrari can continue on their upswing, but Merc know this and will undoubtedly put in an even bigger effort in the off season. Can't see Honda finding a magic bullet, so Alonso wont be a factor and it will be difficult for RedBull if the Dans have to push the cars around the track

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    He did the job at hand but let's face it, did any driver had it so easy before? Did any team benefit from regulations like the ones that are in place right now when one team gets it right and gets to dominate for years? I've started watching f1 in 1996 and the last couple of seasons have been the weakest I've seen. Not his fault but there's been absolutely nothing worth remembering from his last 2 wdc. There's a big chance his next wdc will be just as forgettable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    He did the job at hand but let's face it, did any driver had it so easy before? Did any team benefit from regulations like the ones that are in place right now when one team gets it right and gets to dominate for years? I've started watching f1 in 1996 and the last couple of seasons have been the weakest I've seen. Not his fault but there's been absolutely nothing worth remembering from his last 2 wdc. There's a big chance his next wdc will be just as forgettable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    We've had some good racing these last couple of years, not all the time but we've had some of the best races in the sports history too. Unfortunately in F1 it has always been the case that the best car and driver win the championship and Mercedes have had nobody come close. We had 4 straight years of Vettel dominance and 5 straight years of Schumacher making us yawn all the way to the finish. That is just the way f1 is and Hamilton's championships are in no way inferior to anybody else's. He's been lucky with the car and regs and that is all any team asks for. It's not like he lacks the talent to to get to the finish.

All that said I have only watched 2 full races this season and the rest highlights or even missed them completely. That isn't Hamilton's fault though or the racing. F1 is changing and no longer does it need to be witnessed, but at least recorded in history.