Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts

Kvyat of the race

The Russian who has been more off than on track today...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    I retract...Must be Nico who handed Hamilton the title on a silver plate today!
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Dani Kyvat - So many mistakes and running onto wet astro turf. Dumb move

Nico Rosberg - Silly error to give Lewis the title.

Williams - For putting Bottas on slicks and making him 30 seconds a lap off the pace.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

4. Likes: gm99 (25th October 2015)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Actually, I couldn't possibly nominate Rosberg for the donkey - he made a single mistake in difficult conditions, but we should all keep in mind that he had overtaken Hamilton in the wet before and had carved up a 10s lead before the SC came out.

It's got to be the Williams ensemble cast for me - a strange spin for Massa in turn 1, those Bottas strategy shenanigans and a double DNF to top it all. You can't possibly beat that as a team.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'd give the 2015 Choke Award to Nico Rosberg. Making critical mistakes at the worst moments is becoming a tendency of his.

I'd give the 2015 Duh Award to Williams. The only thing better/funnier would be if Maldonado and Raikkonen were their drivers. Now that would be some real comedy right there!

As far as the Kvyat Prize for Austin, I think its namesake got that one easily yesterday. He's beginning to make Pastor Maldonado seem like a careful driver. I think (hope) that Red Bull is going to stick around. And I think Kvyat is paving the way for Maxie Verstappen to a Red Bull seat in 2017 with his antics. He better get it together next season.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    People are being too hard on Kvyat, he was trying his best to get P1 for a while...was fun to see him try. Hopefully less mistakes in the future.

as for donkeys..Williams (again) for going to slicks for no reason and then immediately back to inters
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Clearly Kyvat, I was a bit surprised at his poor standard of driving in Texas. I usually think of him as being quick with great car control and not making many mistakes but maybe I've just not being paying his performances enough attention recently?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think Kyvat maybe showed a touch of immaturity. Maybe with the weather he saw a chance to win a race and got too excited. He looked wayward at times but remember he is still young.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Williams for ruining Bottas' day by putting him on slicks on an ice rink. Danny K. was clumsy d cost RBR what should have been a podium.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I'm going to not nominate anybody...

Kvyat made a mistake that cost him dearly, but he would have got away with it most of the time. The astroturf just ouside the kerbs was incredibly slick on race day and an otherwise minor wide turn proved expensive.

Williams took a gamble in bringing in Bottas and it didn't pay off, but without the benefit of hindsight it wasn't a crazy move. At that stage of the race Williams really didn't have much to lose and if the gamble had paid off they would have looked like geniuses...

Rosberg made a mistake, but I don't think it actually changed the result. Hamilton was closing in gradually and with the benefit of 8 (?) laps fresher tyres, would surely have overhauled him by the end of the race. Nico's mistake just made the switchover happen sooner.