Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Lewis pushed Nico off track twice!! I think Nico should have let Seb passed him at the last lap, then some justice.
    Do you still have a beef with Hammy? Isn't he blond now?

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Taz.....

Yep. This could be a good one. Maybe its time for boss to take his 3rd title.

People bash Hamilton, but like Vettel. You deserve whatever you win.

That's not what people said when Vettel was winning.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Lewis won it in style. I don't see what Rosberg is complaining about with in the first corner incident. Hamilton had the line and overtook - it didn't seem intentional to hit him me and it was just hard racing.

So Lewis finally walks with the greats now and he can continue his journey in style - what an amazing driver.
    When another driver won one title more than Lewis has up to now, people said, it was all the car - Seriously, does anyone think his last two titles were not won by default because he sat in a car that was completely without competition? No Red Bull was ever as ridiculously superior. You'll have to go back to the Schumacher years or 1988 to find something that ridiculously superior. 2014 and 2015 had nothing to do with Lewis. The Merc engine won those titles.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    No Red Bull was ever as ridiculously superior. You'll have to go back to the Schumacher years or 1988 to find something that ridiculously superior.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    In 2011, Red Bull chassis was not as dominant over the rest of field as Mercedes is right now. After all, 7 of the 2011 season races were won by McLaren and Ferrari. In 2014 and 2015, non-Mercedes cars won only three times each season (so far). On the other hand, Vettel did not face a whole lot of competition from Mark Webber within the team in 2011. Webber won only one race that year, and that was because of mechanical issues in Vettel's car.

My view is that Mercedes is more dominant this season than the 2011 Red Bull, but Rosberg serves a very important purpose of keeping Hamilton "honest".

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    When another driver won one title more than Lewis has up to now, people said, it was all the car - Seriously, does anyone think his last two titles were not won by default because he sat in a car that was completely without competition? No Red Bull was ever as ridiculously superior. You'll have to go back to the Schumacher years or 1988 to find something that ridiculously superior. 2014 and 2015 had nothing to do with Lewis. The Merc engine won those titles.
    There's no doubting that Vettel is an amazing driver and I can't honestly dispute that. To win 4 titles in a row is an incredible achievement but I also think he benefited hugely from a pretty weak teammate and a whole lot of extremely good luck to win those four titles. Lets not forget that Vettel won 9 races in a row in 2013 and 13 races in total that year himself so to say he hasn't had dominant cars is a bit of a fallacy.

Lewis benefited from the Mercedes being the best car on the grid but he also has an extremely talented teammate in the other car. Nico Rosberg is no slouch and, as can been seen on occasion, he is faster than Lewis, he is just not able to put it all together enough because, to beat Lewis, you have to be on the limit every corner of every lap. I regard Rosberg as the kind of driver that is of WDC material. I really think he could win a WDC if Lewis wasn't his teammate. He's a brilliant driver. I couldn't have said the same about Mark alongside Vettel - he'd only have won a WDC probably in a Button 2009 situation.

The main difference that sticks out for me between Vettel and Hamilton is that Hamilton has had really strong teammates and he has always beaten them, excepting Button 2011, which was more down to Lewis two extra DNF's and his partying too much but he has always won a race with every single car he has been given. Vettel last year finally had a teammate whom he could be compared with and really didn't stack up too well. He failed to win a race, and his teammate won 3. I was hoping last year that Vettel would show what he could do but he didn't. This is why I think that if Hamilton were his teammate he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure he'd be put under over the course of a season. Hamilton is happy to have a teammate with equal machinery and equipment alongside him to prove himself against, Sebastien isn't and this is a flaw that would ultimately see him falter like he did last year, imo.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 28th October 2015 at 13:00.

7. Likes: truefan72 (28th October 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am unsure, how much better Rosberg really is than Webber was, if any. Webber could also qualify well - like Rosberg does - though Webber tended to throw races away with bad starts. His race pace overall wasn't that bad. Rosberg doesn't have remarkable race pace either.

Personally... I really hoped Rosberg could seriously challenge Hamilton, and it is always good for competition if we have lots of top drivers. Based on 2013 these hopes were justified, because he was running Hamilton very close that year. But based on what I have seen since then I can't rate Rosberg higher than the likes of Barrichello, Coulthard or Webber any more.