Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Taking on Redbull at this late stage may destabilize their preparation for 2016 and put their Mclaren project at risk.
    http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...ays-ecclestone
    "Ecclestone said Honda agreed years ago with the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) and himself that they would be willing to supply two teams in their second year back in Formula One and three in the third."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Red Bull assumed they had a Mercedes engine for next year SO that was why they were rubbishing off Renault BUT Matachitz (or whatever his name is) made an enquiry about Merc power ,but then never followed it up So they actually burnt their bridges too early

British firm, Ilmor has been used by Red Bull to try and help Renault find a still-elusive breakthrough in this latest era.
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10045411/a
    they currently manufacturer a similar 2.2-litre unit in IndyCar

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121529
    Red Bull thought it had Mercedes F1 engine deal in July
    Bernie Ecclestone has revealed Red Bull served notice on Renault in the belief it had a Formula 1 engine supply deal with Mercedes following a meeting in July.

Red Bull is currently in limbo with regard a power unit supply for 2016 as its partnership with Renault is on the brink of divorce, while Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda all seemingly do not want to step into the breach.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Is there enough nous at Red Bull to build their own engines like Zakspeed did in Formula One? They can't very well do worse that Zakspeed can they?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Is there enough nous at Red Bull to build their own engines like Zakspeed did in Formula One? They can't very well do worse that Zakspeed can they?
    Then they would need to buy Cosworth... starting F1 engine factory from scratch? Well, I don't think so. Even for someone like Red Bull.

Yeah, back in the "Zakspeed days" and also a bit later we had quite a few private F1 engine makers, like Hart or Judd. But back then engines were less complicated and less expensive. Nowadays such players have no chance to stay in the business.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121620

Honda 'very keen' to supply Red Bull with engines, but perhaps due to McLaren blocking they will get the 2015 Honda engines next year.

I can already see Mateschitz thinking: "I really should have pulled my teams out of F1. Wait, is it already too late to do it?"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121620

Honda 'very keen' to supply Red Bull with engines, but perhaps due to McLaren blocking they will get the 2015 Honda engines next year.

I can already see Mateschitz thinking: "I really should have pulled my teams out of F1. Wait, is it already too late to do it?"
    The 2015 Honda engine? LOL! Oh that would be fitting justice alright, very fitting indeed. That really would give them cause to be aggrieved. Even Manor would be ahead of them

I have to agree with Boullier, this is a situation regarding Red Bull created only by Red Bull. They are the architects of their own problem and McLaren is not a charity organization. McLaren are the ones that have put in all the hard work trying to get Honda back into the sport and I don't see why a major rival should benefit from it. Ron Dennis is completely 100% right to use his veto against RBR having their engines. RBR didn't really think this whole situation through before they publicly humiliated their long term partners Renault

Since Dennis has a veto over Honda supplying RBR then, unless Honda ignore the veto, which I'd imagine would lead to a big court case between the two companies and complete break down of relationships, then there's not much more RBR can do other than squirm their way back to Renault - that's if Renault will have them now.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 2nd November 2015 at 12:51.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Since Dennis has a veto over Honda supplying RBR then, unless Honda ignore the veto, which I'd imagine would lead to a big court case between the two companies...
    Mugen on the other hand... Honda could supply Mugen who could then supply Red Bull.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Mugen on the other hand... Honda could supply Mugen who could then supply Red Bull.
    Yes, but unless it is the 2015 Honda engine it is unlikely that they will get a Mugen Honda engine as Denis would just veto that as well.