Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Technically, the unbranded Redbull engine is a new entrant to F1 and would benefit from the new supplier entry rules, l am guessing.
    If I was Honda, I would seriously consider rebranding next year's engine as a Mugen. The same goes for Maybach, Lancia, Alpine.

I like this. Who knows what sort of worms could be let out of the can.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If I was Honda, I would seriously consider rebranding next year's engine as a Mugen. The same goes for Maybach, Lancia, Alpine.

I like this. Who knows what sort of worms could be let out of the can.
    Keep up buddy, the idea only works if McLaren were taking Honda engine in house and rebranding it.

Keep up buddy, the idea only works if McLaren were taking Honda engine in house and rebranding it.
    Sort of, kind of? The story is far more complex that that.

Mecachrome SAS is an engineering company - their engines were branded to Williams as Mecachrome

Mecachrome engines were debranded and rebranded when Benetton renamed them Playlife. Playlife did no engineering at all.
    Mecachrome engines were debranded and also rebranded as Supertec, in the back of Arrows, BAR and Williams. Supertec also did no engineering at all.

Petronas Engineering (aka Ferraris "built" under licence) were kind of a pretend engineering company from what I can gather. I have no idea of the arrangements but is it really a new engine if you pull it apart to component pieces and rebuild it again?

I don't think that McLaren would need to take an engine in house. Honda could play the shell game. Precedents for this sort of thing exist.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Redbull suddenly finds themselves with loads of possibilities. Ferrari already has a relationship with Toro Ross, hence l can see a renewal of this relationship in 2016. I wonder if the B spec Ferrari engine would be more competitive than the illien developed Renault engine. Technically, the unbranded Redbull engine is a new entrant to F1 and would benefit from the new supplier entry rules, l am guessing. This would suggest that Redbull has more flexibility and possibility of making bigger competitive strides than using the B spec Ferrari engine. It would thus seem like a no brainer that Redbull may not consider Ferrari's offer as an option for 2016.

Besides, this seems like first steps towards becoming a works team. I have to say that l applaud them for such a courageous move.
    It would not be a new engine as it is still using some Renault parts that were previously homologated. So, technically, even an unbranded version would at best be a different version of the Renault, homologated independently from the original.

I don't think Red Bull will do too much development on it, as they are still pushing for the independent 2.2 ltr. Biturbo V6 in 2017. The rest depends on whether or not Volkswagen will survive the exhaust gas cheating scandal, which is not a given. I do think that nearly everything now depends on whether the 'Horner engine', as it is apparently called in the paddock, will be introduced. If so, RB will merely work on making the engine more reliable and mainly write off the 2016 season. That's the gist of what their mouth-piece Dr. Marko said on Austrian TV yesterday.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

TAG boss Mansour Ojjeh is in the process of selling his McLaren shares.

What if we see a Red Bull-TAG in 2017?

Actually, it is rumoured that Renault intends to brand the engine TAG.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    It would not be a new engine as it is still using some Renault parts that were previously homologated. So, technically, even an unbranded version would at best be a different version of the Renault, homologated independently from the original.

I don't think Red Bull will do too much development on it, as they are still pushing for the independent 2.2 ltr. Biturbo V6 in 2017. The rest depends on whether or not Volkswagen will survive the exhaust gas cheating scandal, which is not a given. I do think that nearly everything now depends on whether the 'Horner engine', as it is apparently called in the paddock, will be introduced. If so, RB will merely work on making the engine more reliable and mainly write off the 2016 season. That's the gist of what their mouth-piece Dr. Marko said on Austrian TV yesterday.
    Actually, not all the parts are from Renault. Redbull has been developing some of the parts for the engine. I hear the software was jointly developed by Redbull and Renault. There might be enough there for Redbull to argue that it was a different engine from the stock Renault engine.

http://beta.autosport.com/news/repor...infiniti-split
    Red Bull has confirmed it is to split from long-time Formula 1 commercial partner Infiniti at the end of the year.
    The move, as predicted by Autosport, comes in the wake of Red Bull announcing on Friday an engine-branding tie up with new sponsor Tag Heuer.

- Autosport, 6th Dec 2015

Dear Autosport, I saw this before you did. I'm claiming psychic kudos on this one.

In other psychic news, Liverpool will not win the Premier League, they will find MH17 and Donald Trump will make insensitive remarks about Muslims.

This is