Thread: USA Hamilton

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

USA Hamilton

Do we believe that Ecclestone will expect Hamilton not to win ,or secure enough points today to be World Champion ,so that the excitement is there to the very end of the year OR will they not interfere ?
    My son in law thinks Hamilton will not finish today

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I don't think there's any realistic possibility of the driver's championship being undecided until the last race. Barring some pretty freak event, Hamilton will lock it up in the next race or two.

But then, freak events happen from time to time...

Even if Vettel wins (not likely) and Hamilton DNFs (not probable, but always a possibility) there's still a significant hill for Vettel or Rosberg to climb.

We'll see. Less than two hours to quali. Weather is calm but cloudy right now. Track will be wet for sure (but not deluged) and there could be showers during the race. Even though Vettel is going to be starting a long way back, I expect he will make his way to a high point scoring position.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Do we believe that Ecclestone will expect Hamilton not to win ,or secure enough points today to be World Champion ,so that the excitement is there to the very end of the year OR will they not interfere ?
    My son in law thinks Hamilton will not finish today
    I am sure the promoters would like it to go to the wire. But it would not be any more exciting than it has been so far. Hamilton has dominated the field comprehensively, even with point losing mistakes that occurred during the season. The Mercedes remains Mega dominant, hence only an accident or DNF due to reliability would delay the outcome.

However, there the exciting battle for second in the championship. A very German affair which Rosberg would be very keen to win. Finishing 3rd to Vettel in a slower Ferrari does not do well for Rosberg's credibility as a driver.

The midfield has always been the main source of exciting tussle and bustle as most of the positions at constructor and driver levels has not been comprehensively sealed off. Hence there are other excitement over the next three races whether Hamilton wins it at Austin or not.