Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts

Rally Sweden 2016

Rally Sweden revealed today road program for 2016
    info => http://bit.ly/1jrWMTQ

New SP and Shake (8.00kms) at Karlstad.. and also Norway SS include

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (12th October 2015),Micke_VOC (14th October 2015),pantealex (12th October 2015),tommeke_B (12th October 2015)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Was hoping to see a few more changes. The relocation of the service park really hasn't made a whole lot of difference.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    I'll be booking my trip to Rally Sweden at the end of November. Can't wait!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

5. Likes: Allyc85 (12th October 2015)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts

Already booked!

Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth View Post
    I'll be booking my trip to Rally Sweden at the end of November. Can't wait!
    Holy Cow, I already booked the nearest cabin (5 km from Hagfors Airport, 9 km from last year shakedown), and now, we learn that the shakedown will be held in Karlstad?!?

The most important change will be for the spectators! Those who will be accommodated in Hagfors area will think twice before to go to Karlstad...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp View Post
    Holy Cow, I already booked the nearest cabin (5 km from Hagfors Airport, 9 km from last year shakedown), and now, we learn that the shakedown will be held in Karlstad?!?

The most important change will be for the spectators! Those who will be accommodated in Hagfors area will think twice before to go to Karlstad...
    Unlucky ruesluporp. Will you stay in Hagfors or try to move? It should be okay for most of the rally - just not the Thursday.

They announced it last month but it wasn't very well publicized: http://www.rallysweden.com/2015/09/n...-rally-sweden/

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Unlucky ruesluporp. Will you stay in Hagfors or try to move?
    There is absolutely no need to change. From Friday to Sunday location Hagfors is as good as it was in last years and the 70 km drive to the shakedown on Thursday is also no big deal. Think how far you have to go to Norway. Waiting for my 10th Rally Sweden and thinking back to early days those liaision distances are nothing.

And I'm sure NO ONE would think twice before going to Karlstad. It's just a one hour drive nothing more.

Old Shakedown in Rada was quite often used now and not the best road, so some change is welcome

9. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2015),tommeke_B (13th October 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Going to Sweden for my 3rd time next year (after having been there in 2013 and this year). It's one of the most spectator-friendly WRC events to visit. The itinerary looks good, similar to this year, only sunday is better with an extra stage. Arriving on thursday afternoon, so skipping shakedown (I found the shakedown in Rada quite uninteresting). We're also staying in Hagfors, rented a house there (booked some time ago already). The move to Karlstad (service) is only logistical (not enough hotel room for all the factory teams). I think it's unlikely for stages to move closer to Karlstad in the upcoming years, since there's usually less snow there, or am I wrong?

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Maps are out as well. I've done Svullrya many times in Rally Finnskogen in different versions, many of you might have driven parts of it on the way to the Finnskogen stage the previous years, a big drop jump at the bottom, it's got a nice mix of wide and flowing and narrow and fast. Good to see it's a proper stage for shakedown, hopefully it will run...

It think the shakedown in Råda was quite ok, as long as you stay in the middle of the stage where there are no marshalls and some nice combinations What i can't stand is the bloody Kirkenær stage, a proper stage instead would have made it easier to do more stages, all days looks like 2 stage days mostly unfortunately again.

http://www.rallysweden.com/tavlande/dokument/
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 13th October 2015 at 22:42.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Well, not much change regarding stages which makes the whole event boring.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    Parts of shakedown-stage are the same road that we was driving in Rally Karlstad 2014/2015 on gravel if the map are correct.
    First 3-4 km (to 2 min) on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOlnoMX_yHQ
    (Btw, i crashed my car 3:08 , not me in the video)
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh