Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Time to leave for SS Röjden 1&2, Vargåsen 1&2 and Lesjöfors. Maybe we will meet in the forests of Värmland?
    Last edited by Slipzen; 11th February 2016 at 09:38.

2. Likes: itix (11th February 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luijbregts View Post
    Why do you not know the rules in here ??????????????? Stages can be cancelled up to 75% 50% and even 25% according to FIA rules.......... I will tell you what will happen for WRC Sweden! Friday stages will go on because they are ''ok'' and safe... After that Rally will be cancelled because of ''dangerous conditions''... I am not going to discuss ''conditions'' with you! I am not an organizer and I do not know how much Rally Sweden has to pay the Swedish Road Governesses for clearing up/fix the roads after the rally!!!!!!!!... BUT, saying Friday OK, this will give the organizer some revenue on Friday + 25% go for WRC FIA regulation!!........ and they can clear covering the roads on Saturday and Sunday! which gives the organizers room to go clear of bankruptcy!!!!! In my opinion, switch Monte Carlo and Sweden........... or give Sweden always the final weekend in February..... Look at the climate statistics, always 50/50 mid Feb.... but never end of January or final weekend of February!!!! Just saying........ Coming from me who has driven Rally in winter Norway for 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!

AND for all of you wondering about studs / gravel tires ??? Only studs ar FIA allowed on the only ''snow'' Rally which is WRC Sweden.......... JEEEEEESUS..... This has been in the news everywhere, stop asking and discussing!!!!!

Please follow and read posts. It is not that hard to get info on your questions regarding everything about a Rally!

But, when they decide to cancel Friday, WRC points will also be awarded to the 100-75-50-25 % ruling.............. So no full WRC points when less then 11 stages are driven......... Look it up in the appendix of the FIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn.... Why can't people look up rules and regulations before posting here..............?????????????????? ALWAYS THE SAME SHIT.

PEOPLE, RALLY SWEDEN WILL BE CANCELLED AFTER FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with You. As things look now friday will run as normal, and the rally will probably cancelled, or at least heavily shortened on saturday and sunday.

Also agree on the dates. Weather statistics should be made to find the optimum week. Earlier in january there was both snow and cold in the same region.

And one should look at developing a "plan B" regarding the stages, and where the majority of the stages should take place. How far north, and how high can You place them.

If one takes this year as a "worst case" scenario, one should look around now to see with areas it still is cold and snow, and look for potential stages. The Swedish Rally used to also run in the area around Falun, and there its both snow and minus degrees right now (but this also depends on local economic backing).

But i guess the organisers are already thinking of all these things.

The Swedish rally is a great spectacle, and its a pity to see it in this condition. But the weather is a poor mistress.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

4. Likes: AndyRAC (11th February 2016),Rally Hokkaido (11th February 2016)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Also agree on the dates. Weather statistics should be made to find the optimum week. Earlier in january there was both snow and cold in the same region.
    Then in previous years there have not been any snow in January but "plenty" during the rally. February is also normally the coldest month during the year.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

6. Likes: Micke_VOC (11th February 2016)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Vargasen stage region just had some snowfall so, most of the stage should look like white now
    I do not see why it should be cancelled? Liepaja has been run in much worse conditions in many years, noone complained, everything worked fine. Winterrally should be like winter, when it is with minimal snow, then it is like that. They should drive as the road allows.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

8. Likes: Rallyper (11th February 2016),skarderud (11th February 2016),Zeropt (11th February 2016)
    Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
    I was maybe a bit harsh in my words :-) Sorry for that! BUT..... Don't compare this rally to other rally's outside of Sweden. There are certain issues with road fixing which the organizers do not get covered in Sweden. If the rally is run in these conditions the organizers are looking at €100k repairs. Not on friday but the rest of the weekend, this is money they do not have. For the roads to be optimum you need around 20cm +++ ice in the ground. With approx -20 you get a cm a day. Temperatures at this moment will not do at the moment and that is why I fear that they will run friday to get at least 1 day revenue and cancel the rest. WRC points will then only be 25% of a normal completed WRC Rally. But at least there will be a result. Weather stats clearly show January in favour and swapping with Monte should not be a calender problem, the problem is money. Monte Carlo has a big stake in their own timing for commercial purposes and Sweden does not have this investment. Anyhow, as Ogier quoted, I love Rally Sweden and hope it will go on but I am afraid the organization will take the high road and nobody can blame them! The weather is to blame unfortunately. And again, snow is not the problem, the ice in the ground is.
    Last edited by Luijbregts; 11th February 2016 at 10:53.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Conditions looks better today. Roads have frozen over night and since it will continue to be cold I think we'll be allright with the planned stages,
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Then in previous years there have not been any snow in January but "plenty" during the rally. February is also normally the coldest month during the year.
    As I wrote, one should get the statistics. Bluuford should be hired for this

Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Vargasen stage region just had some snowfall so, most of the stage should look like white now
    I do not see why it should be cancelled? Liepaja has been run in much worse conditions in many years, noone complained, everything worked fine. Winterrally should be like winter, when it is with minimal snow, then it is like that. They should drive as the road allows.
    If the frost doesn't go down in the ground, the top layer will be spun away, leaving the tires to go full attack on the soft soil beneath. This will mean huge damage to the roads, and a huge cost to fix them afterwards. A cost Rally Sweden can't really bear, and a lot of grim road owners.

Little snow will also mean more cutting, which also is very damaging for the road.

We will wait and see, I off course hope both the saturday and sunday going as planned. And also this year being down to a freak accident of bad luck weaterwise.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    As I wrote, one should get the statistics. Bluuford should be hired for this
    February it is, the coldest month. The rally is exactly at the right time. But you know, statistics is average, but you rarely have average condititions. Most of Estonia and this part of Sweden has two patterns of wetaher in winter. It is really cold (high pressure area) and some snow just before it gets cold or it is warm and rainy (cyclones from ocean). Average weather (statistical average temperatures) is actually not common at all Climatologists have been thinking that weather depndent events should be somehow flexible.. so you should be able to shift these events couple of days back and forth, usually it is enough
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luijbregts View Post
    Why do you not know the rules in here ??????????????? Stages can be cancelled up to 75% 50% and even 25% according to FIA rules.......... I will tell you what will happen for WRC Sweden! Friday stages will go on because they are ''ok'' and safe... After that Rally will be cancelled because of ''dangerous conditions''... I am not going to discuss ''conditions'' with you! I am not an organizer and I do not know how much Rally Sweden has to pay the Swedish Road Governesses for clearing up/fix the roads after the rally!!!!!!!!... BUT, saying Friday OK, this will give the organizer some revenue on Friday + 25% go for WRC FIA regulation!!........ and they can clear covering the roads on Saturday and Sunday! which gives the organizers room to go clear of bankruptcy!!!!! In my opinion, switch Monte Carlo and Sweden........... or give Sweden always the final weekend in February..... Look at the climate statistics, always 50/50 mid Feb.... but never end of January or final weekend of February!!!! Just saying........ Coming from me who has driven Rally in winter Norway for 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!

AND for all of you wondering about studs / gravel tires ??? Only studs ar FIA allowed on the only ''snow'' Rally which is WRC Sweden.......... JEEEEEESUS..... This has been in the news everywhere, stop asking and discussing!!!!!

Please follow and read posts. It is not that hard to get info on your questions regarding everything about a Rally!

But, when they decide to cancel Friday, WRC points will also be awarded to the 100-75-50-25 % ruling.............. So no full WRC points when less then 11 stages are driven......... Look it up in the appendix of the FIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn.... Why can't people look up rules and regulations before posting here..............?????????????????? ALWAYS THE SAME SHIT.

PEOPLE, RALLY SWEDEN WILL BE CANCELLED AFTER FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gee, breathe. It will do you some good.

Also switching Monte and Sweden won't help one bit. Many years January has been snow free just like February is now. There is no way to predict these things and statistically February is the most wintery month.
    Last edited by itix; 11th February 2016 at 11:48.