Hybrid View

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Also agree on the dates. Weather statistics should be made to find the optimum week. Earlier in january there was both snow and cold in the same region.
    Then in previous years there have not been any snow in January but "plenty" during the rally. February is also normally the coldest month during the year.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

2. Likes: Micke_VOC (11th February 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Then in previous years there have not been any snow in January but "plenty" during the rally. February is also normally the coldest month during the year.
    As I wrote, one should get the statistics. Bluuford should be hired for this
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    As I wrote, one should get the statistics. Bluuford should be hired for this
    February it is, the coldest month. The rally is exactly at the right time. But you know, statistics is average, but you rarely have average condititions. Most of Estonia and this part of Sweden has two patterns of wetaher in winter. It is really cold (high pressure area) and some snow just before it gets cold or it is warm and rainy (cyclones from ocean). Average weather (statistical average temperatures) is actually not common at all Climatologists have been thinking that weather depndent events should be somehow flexible.. so you should be able to shift these events couple of days back and forth, usually it is enough
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    But you know, statistics is average...
    "Hospital patients average body temperature is normal (morgue included)"

6. Likes: Franky (11th February 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    February it is, the coldest month. The rally is exactly at the right time. But you know, statistics is average, but you rarely have average condititions. Most of Estonia and this part of Sweden has two patterns of wetaher in winter. It is really cold (high pressure area) and some snow just before it gets cold or it is warm and rainy (cyclones from ocean). Average weather (statistical average temperatures) is actually not common at all Climatologists have been thinking that weather depndent events should be somehow flexible.. so you should be able to shift these events couple of days back and forth, usually it is enough
    Thanks for the answer, a pleasure having a weather expert on the forum. Okay, then I guess the only "guarantee" is to have it higher up north, or higher in altitude, or at least have a "Plan B" set of stages to use if the conditions are troublesome. This Plan B-solution may be the best?
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Thanks for the answer, a pleasure having a weather expert on the forum. Okay, then I guess the only "guarantee" is to have it higher up north, or higher in altitude, or at least have a "Plan B" set of stages to use if the conditions are troublesome. This Plan B-solution may be the best?
    I think that most reasonable is to do it like it is in Monaco. They start in Karlstad, then put cars on trailers, service area somewhere in Hagfors or Mora and stages with remote service starting from Mora-Sälen-Vansbro triangle, then Norway stages and then the stages around colins crest. So, the northern section should almost always have some snow, same for Norwegian stages and last part will be tricky, some years good, others not so good

And to clear on the ground frostcase , we have had very similar weather in here and I would say that road bottom is still cpompletely frozen It takes at least month to melt. I have done drilling under ski track in the middle of May, it was +20 outside, for more than a week alrady and in 20 cm depth we found 20 cm fully frozen layer. Surface under the road freezes quickly even with snow as the snow is quickly compacted by cars. Melting takes a long time as first the ice layer needs to melt. Top layer starts to melt and bottom layers often continiues tofreezes as the cold melting water (from the surface) gets too cool again. So, those -5..-7..-10 dgrees is more than enough for roads to freeze that top layer. It will be just a bit more expensive for competitors who need many, many tires. I do not seesafety risk here apart from one. When there is big lake, Pond, river nearby that is slightly frozen and car goes off the road and through the ice, then it will be very difficult for the crew to find the entrance hole in the ice. But for that, you need extremely terrible luck. And it seems that big lakes are still covered by very thick ice layer that should carry all the cars.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

9. Likes: Micke_VOC (11th February 2016),Rallyper (11th February 2016),Zeropt (11th February 2016)