Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Ding Ding the witch is dead and even better is Magnussen getting the drive
    Bad news for Jolyon Palmer. It'll be more difficult for him to look good compared to Magnussen than to Maldonado.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Bad news for Jolyon Palmer. It'll be more difficult for him to look good compared to Magnussen than to Maldonado.
    Magnussen is more experienced, hence you would expect him to have the edge on track. The real guage for Palmer is how close he can get to Magnussen within the first six races. If he regularly gets one on Magnussen, he would definitely raise a few eyebrows. I hope he does well, but he would have to up his game to not look ordinary next a brilliant Magnussen.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am not sure Magnussen is that brilliant. Button beat him fairly comfortably in the end. I do think Magnussen is more talented than Maldonado, but Palmer may well run K-Mag fairly close.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    What I was thinking, really, was that even if Maldonado turned out to be faster than Palmer, Palmer could still easily beat him on consistency. But with Magnussen that won't be so easy, as Magnussen will likely be consistent too.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Actually Pastor is in pretty good company as a "one win wonder"
    http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...-wonders.html?

The problem as I see it is what the hell was he thinking/doing in so many of his other races?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    I am not sure Magnussen is that brilliant. Button beat him fairly comfortably in the end. I do think Magnussen is more talented than Maldonado, but Palmer may well run K-Mag fairly close.
    Magnussen did beat Button a few times too. That said, Palmer has the advantage of being familiar with the car, both on simulator and the occasional Saturday practice sessions. But he lacks full race experience with an F1 car. I don't expect this aspect to be too challenging for him. But l suspect it would take him a few races to get up to par with other rookies. He would be the least experienced driver on the grid, depending on who gets the manor drives. He needs to be within half a second of Magnussen on the get go, and withing 200th of a second within 6 races. I think that is acheivable.