Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I would like to see Bouffier commit to a full(er) ERC campaign next year instead of picking and choosing a few events from both championships. As a privateer it would be very hard to repeat his Monte success in WRC again, but as Kajto proved a privateer can win in ERC. Bouffier has never won an ERC title, and frankly he probably should have.
    It is not easy. He was doing Monte and Corse, because these are french events and for french driver it is easier to find sponsors. Deutschland was done with support of Romo Motorsport, Ypres with Gemini Racing. If possible, Bryan would like to do all possible events. But like usually, it is mainly about money...

Quote Originally Posted by SVrally View Post
    What could be the calendar of ERC 2016 ?
    I hope that it will be a round in Italy , maybe the 100^ Targa Florio .
    I would like to see Lukyanuk to take part to the full ERC Championship , with Bouffier and maybe an Italian driver .
    Everything depends on WRC calendar. And because FIA and WRC promoters are still not able to make calendar for WRC in time, we must wait. But dont expect round in Italy...

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    'tis a shame if that'd be the case because italy has many many beautiful rallies and a passionate crowd :/

Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    'tis a shame if that'd be the case because italy has many many beautiful rallies and a passionate crowd :/
    But no money or organisers who wants to spend so much money for ERC...

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    I really can't see the reason for that. They have a nation full of motorsport fans and they obviously has the money for gigantic football arrangements and milano expo and what not, so why not a measly round of the ERC?

Maybe the San Remo, maybe the mille miglia, why not bring back the Targa Florio, a round that has almost the history of the Monte Carlo...?

OFF TOPIC: A funny off topic side note. Me and my italian ex were discussing events and she mentioned Sanremo... I naturally was overjoyed and started passionately how I loved the Sanremo and watched it countless times as a kid whereupon she frowned and said it was not her thing and knowing me, it shouldn't be mine either. I immediately took offense and wondered how I could not love the cars screaming through the hills and the autumn leaves that would swirl behind them as they wen't past the TV cameras.

After a lot of confusion I realized that to the common italian, Sanremo is a music festival with celebrities and shallowness in abundance, not a rally.

...so maybe you have a point after all. If you want money as an organizer in italy, shallow music festivals ans soccer events is the thing to do.

6. Likes: Rally Power (22nd October 2015)
    Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Well for sure there won't be Janner in 2016 and ERC should have one snow rally so are the gonna schedule Latvian round earlier? Another thing there is still one spot for a new event. What events are official candidates? Rzeszowski in Poland for sure. Any other?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Mécsek from Hungary I think.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I really can't see the reason for that. They have a nation full of motorsport fans and they obviously has the money for gigantic football arrangements and milano expo and what not, so why not a measly round of the ERC?

Maybe the San Remo, maybe the mille miglia, why not bring back the Targa Florio, a round that has almost the history of the Monte Carlo...?

OFF TOPIC: A funny off topic side note. Me and my italian ex were discussing events and she mentioned Sanremo... I naturally was overjoyed and started passionately how I loved the Sanremo and watched it countless times as a kid whereupon she frowned and said it was not her thing and knowing me, it shouldn't be mine either. I immediately took offense and wondered how I could not love the cars screaming through the hills and the autumn leaves that would swirl behind them as they wen't past the TV cameras.

After a lot of confusion I realized that to the common italian, Sanremo is a music festival with celebrities and shallowness in abundance, not a rally.

...so maybe you have a point after all. If you want money as an organizer in italy, shallow music festivals ans soccer events is the thing to do.
    You are right !!!
    I don't think , but I hope that an Italian round will be part of the 2016 ERC Calendar .
    We have many rally fans and many beautiful streets .
    Mille Miglia and Sanremo are two rallies with a great tradition , the Targa Florio is the oldest car race in the world and in 2016 it celebrates the 100th edition ... It will be a great event !!!
    But we have many others great event .
    We will see ...
    I can't wait for the new Wrc and Erc Calendars .

10. Likes: Rally Power (22nd October 2015)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Yes, You have great stages and events but those either don't seem to be interested in ERC or simply don't have money to be part of it (Sanremo, Mille Miglia).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 5,565 Times in 2,299 Posts
    I prefer, first, a italian make with R5

13. Likes: pantealex (22nd October 2015)