Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Hermen Kobus is not too happy with ERC or Skoda Motorsport either; translation from his facebook page:

"I am extremely disappointed at the European Championship and especially on Eurosport, the promoter. The ERC simply does not return, because Eurosport has just highlighting the top three and we can not use our own images themselves.
    Wow! How miserable of Kobus! So he thinks that anybody is interested in showing or seeing him on TV? It's obvious that Eurosport highlights the top 3, because they are the best! What do the viewers want to see - Kajto, Lukyanuk and Kopecky or Kobus?

And you have no chance to compete for the podium, and that is my ambition. "
    I really don't understand such complaints. Has anybody ever seen Kobus on the podium in the ERC? No. Who stops him from driving fast and being in the top 3? Skoda Motorsport, like he says? Or maybe his skills? 90% of the drivers in the ERC are privateers. If he doesn't know how to win then he should look at the examples of Kajto, Lukyanuk and Sirmacis. But instead of learning from the best, Kobus crashes his car on Canary Islands and in Barum Rally. And now he complains. Isn't he just a crybaby?
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 3rd September 2016 at 12:34.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

2. Likes: RS (3rd September 2016),Wim_Impreza (4th September 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Hermen Kobus is not too happy with ERC or Skoda Motorsport either; translation from his facebook page:

"I am extremely disappointed at the European Championship and especially on Eurosport, the promoter. The ERC simply does not return, because Eurosport has just highlighting the top three and we can not use our own images themselves. We onboards but we may not use. you do not get sold to your sponsors ... A second problem was the lack of support from Skoda Motorsport. it is clear that just may win the official pilots of Skoda Motorsport. As a private customer, we never got the mapping we needed to compete at the front. the Barum we drove to Kopecky, Sirmacis, Kreim ... All of them guys that official support from Skoda Motorsport and whose car has much more boost. I felt once how the big difference with the appropriate assistance of an engineer from Skoda Motorsport. That was last year, after the declaration of Freddy Loix in the East Belgian Rally. Not by chance I could win that game ... So, considering these two factors, I have decided not to return to the European championship. The ERC will cost a lot more than a Belgian or Dutch championship, but the extra cost just does not return to. And you have no chance to compete for the podium, and that is my ambition. "
    I do believe there is a difference between works cars and private cars (it's quite obvious and logical anyway) but there was only one works car in Barum - of Kopecký. Kreim's car was private one from the same team as Tarabus. There were also plenty of other private Fabias - Kostka, Valoušek, Tarabus, Černý or Tlusťák.

I remember Kobus saying similar stuff loud already after Ypres. Maybe he just managed to make his relationship with Škoda so bad that they don't want to help him with anything. I don't know but I'm quite sure that one shall be careful about criticising too much someone who he depends on.
    Last edited by Mirek; 3rd September 2016 at 20:21.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: RS (3rd September 2016)
    Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I do believe there is a difference between works cars and private cars (it's quite obvious and logical anyway) but there was only one works car in Barum - of Kopecký. Kreim's car was private one from the same team as Tarabus. There were also plenty of other private Fabias - Kostka, Valoušek, Tarabus, Černý or Tlusťák.

I remember Kobus saying similar stuff loud already after Ypres. Maybe he just managed to make his relationship with Škoda so bad that they don't want to help him with anything. I don't know but I'm quite sure that one shall be careful about criticising too much someone who he depends on.
    His quotes about Skoda are surprising to me as well, as I only heard generally good things about them (i.e. you can call very late in the evening and they'll help anyways, etc).

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Frankly I haven't heard a lot of positives lately (let's say since some personal changes). AFAIK the support from M-Sport is better.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: Andre Oliveira (4th September 2016),marcosg (4th September 2016)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    I have bad feedback of Skoda costumers service, M-Sport have a 5 star service.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    It is logical.Msport is based to privateer's money.Skoda motorsport is funded from the mother factory.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    They changed the way the standings are displayed on the official website. It's total chaos now
    https://www.fiaerc.com/standings/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    ERC junior Chris Ingram is hoping to do the British RC next year in an R5 . He said the ERC has gone downhill in the R5 class.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    ERC junior Chris Ingram is hoping to do the British RC next year in an R5 . He said the ERC has gone downhill in the R5 class.
    I am sure BRC is cheaper for him but I think Kajto, Sirmacis and Lukyanuk are pretty strong opposition.

13. Likes: pantealex (28th September 2016)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If he wants a future in rallying in a works team, he has to go to WRC(2) next year!

15. Likes: dimviii (28th September 2016),pantealex (28th September 2016)