Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogier thread

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    If it hits anything it will only be competition involving diesel cars. VW's rally effort is safe from everything but the boredom of being alone at the top.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    People who think VW will be in the WRC next year, are not up to date on the crisis!

I bet Ogier and Citroën are in contact right now.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    People who think VW will be in the WRC next year, are not up to date on the crisis!
    Why do You think that VW will abandon WRC?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Why do You think that VW will abandon WRC?
    because the leading automobile company in the world with an estimated revenue of around 200 billion will crumble under the 10-20 billion fine (which i really doubt it will be that high)... isn't it obvious ???

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    because the leading automobile company in the world with an estimated revenue of around 200 billion will crumble under the 10-20 billion fine (which i really doubt it will be that high)... isn't it obvious ???
    Don't look at revenue. Look at future earnings. The first big law suit is 18 billion USD. There is according to CNBC app. 200 more heavy money lawsuits made. The earnings-miss will be huge in the next years. So of course they will leave the WRC. Try and have a look at the share price to get a sense of how serious this is. It's gone from €256,00 to €99,30 and several banks won't let their customers trade neither the stocks, nor the company bonds.
    In the end, the German government will step in, but not without a price. VW is owned by the shareholders, and they will look on how to solve the issues and improve future earnings ... and motorsport will definately get the knife.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I have no idea what is going to happen with Volkswagen - but if we do see things fall apart Yves Matton is going to benefit massively by waiting on those driver contracts. Although, interesting that what appeared to be imminent news about Paddon/Hyundai has not materialized yet. But that might not be related.

I bet there are some very interesting talks going on behind the scenes right now. I can't imagine anyone within VAG is really going to be able to give Ogier any assurances as they are still dealing with the fallout/trying not to get fired themselves.

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Spot on, that's what I mean, didn't realize my remark would be difficult ...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    VW probably has to leave because of budgeting, considering the current diesel crisis it is currently going through.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JakefromWRC View Post
    VW probably has to leave because of budgeting, considering the current diesel crisis it is currently going through.
    NO
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm probably wrong about the budgeting part, but VW sure are having some issues about their diesel vehicles.