Ogiers interview at Equipe from google translate
It seems that driving a car with you in the passenger seat, it is unbearable because you see everything before the driver, the dangers, the paths, the environment ...
I am a co-pilot painful - especially for my wife - because I have true automation, I'm always the one that leads to correct, I do not support that one forgets a flashing or being dragged on left lane, especially here in Germany, where the speed is sometimes not limited.

Beyond the anecdote, is that it may be the fastest rally driver in the world is evolving in a different temporal and spatial dimension?
I do not think I have a sixth sense. I am a human like everyone else. The car is my field, may see that by scrolling landscapes at very high speed I developed abilities to analyze the environment, to read information quickly around me.

Your tests, your physical trainer or with the federal physician, suggest that even when you are out standard?
Originally, one must have a certain talent or gift for speed and for the control of a vehicle. But it's something that develops over time. The performance I am capable of producing today with a WRC, I was not able to do ten years ago. I was building, I noticed of course with my first experience in karting, amateur because I did not have the means to compete, I was among the best, if not the best.

How did you develop the talent that is now yours?
First, rally, we are not alone in the car. It takes some time to get the right connection with co-driver (Julien Ingrassia), speak the same language, implement automation, developing a system of personal notes. This is an essential key that takes time. The best drive remains running, and here we are confronted with the problem of the sport: it is difficult to train there. Then there is the physical parameter. I work with a physical trainer for quite a few years to reach peak form, develop reflexes, feeling my body through proprioception (technique to be aware of the position of his body). It goes through balance exercises, on medicine balls, develop reflexes with machines where you have to touch illuminated buttons as fast as possible and at the same time to develop the cerebral side, compute multiplications.
It is not far from the computer ...
It is part brain, but it's also a lot of feeling. Even if you read the information, even if you listen, the most important is still the feeling of the car. When the car from drift or when you lose grip, you must do the right action in very, very short. Rally driver is three things: analyze what's ahead, feel the car and listen to the notes. With these three information, you must make the right decisions.

Didier Auriol, the first world champion of French rallies in 1994, recounted that once, in Corsica, he had managed to evolve "in slow motion" atomizing competition, reaching a sort of state of near levitation. It's happened to you?
No, but I see very well what he wanted to express. This is when you are in harmony with all, when you feel like the body, to be satisfied with the set-up of the car, to do what you want and at the same time notes stick perfectly to the road, the first officer in the timing is perfect, as all factors are gathered to you to be relax ... It happens to me more and more lately, my level has risen, I am in phase upward. The rallies where I loose just a few tenths here and there, I make some now. I think I reached a peak. I have accomplished many races where I feel 99% with very few errors. The goal now is to keep that peak. I do not have much to go for. But we must see that there is a luck factor in our sport, and this year, I have been well served. Sometimes, do not much for a heat turns into exit route.

You talk about luck, success. You were gone for racing mechanic. Can you imagine the life that could have been yours?
I am rather someone who looks ahead, aiming the next goal. But it's true that my destiny is incredible, I who comes from a village of 200 inhabitants, lost in the Alps without means. I am both happy and proud of my route.

History says you borrowed 20 euros to your father to join the operation Youth Rally.
Not exaggerate. I had them in the bag, the 20 euros, I was also a ski instructor, I was teaching. But these 20 euros will remain forever my best investment. I was a young mechanic Rallye team supported by the French Federation, and having experienced these selections inside me believe that it was also possible for me. But what stress! It was played over two days, and between the two I hardly slept, I felt playing my future, it was my only opportunity.

And you paid the 20 euros and a little more ...
Normal ... The 20 euros is anecdotal. I especially was a member in 2008 and 2009 of the France team, I received a budget to run, the system is very clever because the contract provides, if we go pro, to be reimbursed in cash and promotion days . It had to climb two seasons at 600,000 euros, about half of my budget. These were then used to support other, it ensures the continuity of the system and that's why there are a lot of French rallies, as Stéphane Lefebvre, which is in line with Citroën or Eric Camilli if the contract he signed with Toyota happen. The Finns, who dominated at one time, had invented this system, private one, with the sponsor Timo Jouhki. Personally, I also helped a former teammate buying his car for a championship of France.