Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    No you haven't, unless you're riding semantics. I'm 100% positive, you've never been to the pit lane during an F1 weekend. Neither have I, but I was at the winter tests (that's the only accreditation non-commercial bloggers can afford) and what you call 'widely accepted in the pitlane' sounded distinctly different when you talked to people at Jerez and Barcelona, so I'm pretty sure you made that up.
    Not riding semantics but how I have been in the pitlane during races is not something I'm going to disclose.

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Well I have been in the pitlane during a race. It was the 1986 Adelaide Grand Prix. I was thirteen years old and a lucky guest in the Clipsal box. The rear stairs led straight into the McLaren garage. I entered many times at free will. Nobody ever spoke to me, I think they all assumed I was the offspring of somebody important. I sat on Alain Prost's car. When he won the race the crowd were throwing flowers at him. I was standing next to him and started throwing the flowers back into the crowd. He laughed at me and also started throwing flowers. Thats right. Alain and I had a moment. Needless to say I was hooked on F1. Now I require binoculars to see into the pitlane. At the time I didn't appreciate it. Now I would cut my arms off for such access.

3. Likes: henners88 (8th October 2015),The Black Knight (8th October 2015)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Well I have been in the pitlane during a race. It was the 1986 Adelaide Grand Prix. I was thirteen years old and a lucky guest in the Clipsal box. The rear stairs led straight into the McLaren garage. I entered many times at free will. Nobody ever spoke to me, I think they all assumed I was the offspring of somebody important. I sat on Alain Prost's car. When he won the race the crowd were throwing flowers at him. I was standing next to him and started throwing the flowers back into the crowd. He laughed at me and also started throwing flowers. Thats right. Alain and I had a moment. Needless to say I was hooked on F1. Now I require binoculars to see into the pitlane. At the time I didn't appreciate it. Now I would cut my arms off for such access.
    There would be no more flower throwing if you cut your arms off .

5. Likes: Warriwa (9th October 2015)