Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    This is the sort of response that immediately identifies a Hamfosi. If Rosberg is a cheat, please list the cases and penalties from the gouverning body he received for his transgressions. In case you can't, you shouldn't be bandying about such allegations.
    Just wanted to chip in here. I always thought if that's the standard for things, then this thread shouldn't exist.

...Are you seriously suggesting that Rosberg would still be driving a Merc if he had intentionally taken Hamilton out?
    Bagwan has answered this already

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    ...He got away with one , as his team was never going to protest him forcing his team mate off .
    But I think Henners has already hit the nail exactly on the head. That was a K.O. post imo.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

2. Likes: henners88 (5th October 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Most motorsport site seem to have linked Ecclestone to the coverage of the Suzuka race which gave the Mercedes team as little coverage as was really possible. A coverage that only showed the start and its battle, a brief coverage of the pitstops and very briefly the end showing Hamilton crossing the line to win the race.

My thoughts during the race was that this was the worst TV coverage of a race l have ever seen. But why would Bernie fall out with the Mercedes team? One reason seem to be that he is not happy the Redbull teams are not getting Mercedes engines. Regardless of the reason, if this were true, this would be the most audacious abuse of office ever demonstrated in the clear view of the public. It also demonstrates the considerable power of the rights holders have over the series. Another way to look at it would be to say, it demonstrates how powerless and lacking of commercial influence the FIA is relative to the F1 rights holders. While the relationship of the Right holders and FIA is essentially a symbiotic relationship of sorts, it also seems like a puppeteer to puppet relationship most of the time such as demonstrated at Suzuka. Most of the issues faced in F1 at the moment can be traced to consequence of the unbalance in the relationship between these parties. An example would be the tyre specifications that Pirelli produce their tyres to.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th October 2015 at 11:56.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Are you familiar with the term 'weasel words'? And how can you know what's widely accepted in the pitlane? You never were in one, at least not during an F1 race.

Funny how that 'second swipe' was only seen by people who babble #44 at every possible opportunity. Are you seriously suggesting that Rosberg would still be driving a Merc if he had intentionally taken Hamilton out?
    That's a big assumption that I have never been in the pit lane during a race. I generally prefer to go out into track though and watch the action there but I have been in the pit lane during a race, from time to time, however that's really beside the point. If you listen to certain pundits, they have themselves said that it's widely accepted that Rosberg did this intentionally. It's plain as day and, as I said, Rosberg's a lucky boy that Warwick was one of the Stewards.

Yes, Rosberg would be driving a Merc had he tried to take Hammy out as clearly he is still driving a Merc having successfully taken Hammy out.

The second swipe is very clear on the screen. Anthony Davisdon even mentioned it in his analysis of the incident although he stopped short of saying he felt it was intentional, though it clearly was. If you can find it, and I'm sure it's on YouTube, have a look at his analysis, it'll show you the swipe since you're unable to see it with your own eyes.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

It's widely accepted in the Pitlane that Rosberg intentionally instigated Monaco qualifying but got no penalty.
    Can anyone honestly, really doubt that Rosberg's action during Q3 at Monaco wasn't deliberate?......it was!

judge for yourself.

https://vimeo.com/96710217

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easy rider View Post
    Can anyone honestly, really doubt that Rosberg's action during Q3 at Monaco wasn't deliberate?......it was!

judge for yourself.

There is absolutely not doubt that it was deliberate. It's clear that he saws the wheel and then locks up. But you know what, the blind will always be blind

Anyway, I've had enough of this thread now. See you all in a few days for Russian GP
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 5th October 2015 at 08:54.

7. Likes: driveace (5th October 2015)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    My thoughts during the race was that this was the worst TV coverage of a race l have ever seen. But why would Bernie fall out with the Mercedes team?
    I actually enjoyed the coverage of the last 20 laps. Instead of seeing the front cars driving in solitude for half hour, I really liked the battle for the 12th position. It was a nice battle even with no points involved.

9. Likes: Mia 01 (5th October 2015)
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That's a big assumption that I have never been in the pit lane during a race. I generally prefer to go out into track though and watch the action there but I have been in the pit lane during a race, from time to time, however that's really beside the point.
    No you haven't, unless you're riding semantics. I'm 100% positive, you've never been to the pit lane during an F1 weekend. Neither have I, but I was at the winter tests (that's the only accreditation non-commercial bloggers can afford) and what you call 'widely accepted in the pitlane' sounded distinctly different when you talked to people at Jerez and Barcelona, so I'm pretty sure you made that up.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easy rider View Post

judge for yourself.

People say, Hamilton wasn't penalized for his 1st corner push at Suzuka, hence it cannot have been deliberate. Rosberg wasn't penalized for Monaco, neither was he penalized for Spa 2014. So which one is it?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the coverage of the last 20 laps. Instead of seeing the front cars driving in solitude for half hour, I really liked the battle for the 12th position. It was a nice battle even with no points involved.
    I have to agree with that, the midfield was where the action was. And there was plenty of good racing action to keep me interested, but l still need occasional reminder of what is going on at the front. Even if the Mercs were running away with it.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    People say, Hamilton wasn't penalized for his 1st corner push at Suzuka, hence it cannot have been deliberate. Rosberg wasn't penalized for Monaco, neither was he penalized for Spa 2014. So which one is it?
    I would characterize all of these incidents as "deliberate" to some extent or another. I kind of get the impression that the stewards treat anything that happens between team mates as self-penalizing and not worthy of action.

I think Nico's Monaco move was deliberate, but with just enough plausible deniability to avoid any penalty. I'm sure Nico studied Michael's clumsy effort a few years earlier at La Rascasse and adjusted accordingly. The swipe at Spa looked pretty plain to me also; unfortunately for him it was just a bit too obvious.

As for Suzuka, that move of Hamilton's had the expected result; it certainly wasn't accidental on Hamilton's part. His attitude was along the lines of "One of us is yielding the corner. And let's face facts, Nico: it's you".

F1 has always included drivers pushing the boundaries of legality, because the mentality is necessarily incredibly aggressive. And you can only find out exactly where the boundary is by going right up to it and over it.

14. Likes: henners88 (8th October 2015)