1) I understand why certain forces in the WRC wants to bring a WRC round to China.

2) I also how this can be done: Put together an international/proffesional staff of rally organizers, let them organize the rally with help from the locals.

3) I also see how it could be sold. Market the rally, both to the supporters and the sponsors, as a journey to the orient, with all that this implies. And make it possible for the fans and sponsors to come on this journey, either in person, or via social and regular media etc.

But there are easier ways to strengthen the WRC.

So while the promotor ponders on the Chinese journey, there is another rally that could acutely help the popularity of the WRC, and that is an Irish WRC round, done as an Irish WRC round really should be done, like "The Circuit Of Ireland."

In Ireland You already have the biggest market for X WRC-cars, You have a large and deeply passionate fan base, You have local drivers with should be allowed to enter with WRC cars, and You have a local hero (Kris Meeke) who have the charisma and flair to become an international hero.

An Irish WRC round (done properly) would be a unique rally, which would fit very well in the Championship. Its hard to understand why it isn't already so.