Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    It was so much better when they were in the much early hours. A late, late Saturday night watching the likes of Hill, Schumacher, Hakkinen etc... Rather than getting up at 6am for today's rubbish.
    I have been watching records of 1995-96 F1 races while working out in a gym recently, and it's like a revelation. Close racing and passing without DRS. Fights for the win almost every race. We haven't had such excitement since 2010 or 2012.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I'm European so I vote to keep them. Screw the rest of the world!
    And you don't even watching your races live!

If you like your F1 you'll watch it live or otherwise.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Petition: Get rid of all night races

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post

I watch it but I do miss quite a few of the races and very rarely bother to tune in live. I'm nowhere near as diehard as I used to be, but a lot of that is because the BBC and Sky split the coverage, plus my family are more interesting on a Sunday. I can watch both but I can only watch Sky coverage live unless go through the hassle of hooking up a hard drive to record it. I can't be bothered lately.
    Last edited by henners88; 23rd September 2015 at 17:45.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post

Can't. Rupert stole half of them.
    I could pay the traitorous imp $134 p/mth if I wanted to but at A$1608 a year, that's just a bit rich.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Let's be honest about one thing. The only reason night races exist, and they all are in Middle East and Asia, is because Bernie wants Europeans to watch a live broadcast at the prime time. At the same time, the North American fans are normally screwed. If the races in places like Singapore or Abu Dhabi started at the normal day time, a night owl like me could watch the race on Saturday night at midnight or say 1am, depending on the time zone. And then people wonder why F1 racing is not popular in the US. It's because most of the races start at 4-7am on Sunday morning.
    Regardless of whether or not they are night races, F1 has always had a lot of trouble breaking into the US market. I do agree it is a balls for people like you whom are proper fans in the States though. The European timezone is the best one for watching races overall. There are very few races in the year I have to get up early for nowadays. Japan this weekend will be one of them, however, I am okay with night races in general. I like them and Singapore is something different versus the boring new tracks (Austin aside) that are now on the calendar.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I have been watching records of 1995-96 F1 races while working out in a gym recently, and it's like a revelation. Close racing and passing without DRS. Fights for the win almost every race. We haven't had such excitement since 2010 or 2012.
    Am I the only one that thhinks racing can be exciting without overtaking? What I really love about F1, more than overtaking, is two or more guys out front pushing each other to find new limits. The last race I remember like this was Austin 2012 I think it was where Hamilton won the first race there and really raced ballsy against Vettel. There was one o two overtakes I cared about the entire race and it was the past Hamilton did on Webber and Vettel, everything else was secondary. Why? Not because Hamilton is my favorite driver but because it was pure out and out racing. Yes, there was DRS involved, which I don't like, but I think people can't begrudge Hamilton that win because of the drive he put in.

From my POV, this was the last truly exciting race with pure driving I saw and I loved it. Of all the races over the last season it stick out in my mind and it was balls to the wall driving and two overtaking maneuvre's that made it from me.

I'm not interested in an overtake that occurs because a driver is on 10 lap old tires versus new ones. Big fucking deal. It's only smoke and mirros to spice up a show for the Johnny come latelies that don't understand what is really happening on track.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Am I the only one that thhinks racing can be exciting without overtaking? What I really love about F1, more than overtaking, is two or more guys out front pushing each other to find new limits. The last race I remember like this was Austin 2012 I think it was where Hamilton won the first race there and really raced ballsy against Vettel. There was one o two overtakes I cared about the entire race and it was the past Hamilton did on Webber and Vettel, everything else was secondary. Why? Not because Hamilton is my favorite driver but because it was pure out and out racing. Yes, there was DRS involved, which I don't like, but I think people can't begrudge Hamilton that win because of the drive he put in.
    Yeah, actually I can agree with you. A race can be exciting without overtaking as well, and I remember back in the day it involved quite a few M.Schumacher battles for the win, who tried to beat his rivals on an alternative strategy, hence without an overtake on track.

As long as there is uncertainty in the air, and the final result is unclear, it is interesting, regardless of 'scenario' of the battle.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    There are very few races in the year I have to get up early for nowadays. Japan this weekend will be one of them
    Japanese GP start time (Sydney +10 GMT) is 1500 Sunday.
    Channel 10 start time (Sydney +10 GMT) is 2130 Monday - a full 28.5 hours after the race has been run and even then, it's only the hour highlights.

Formula One, Bernie and Rupert are really giving me the irrits, Seriously.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    For us here in Sweden this race start 07.00 Sunday, but i donīt complain. I follow every race live via a pay channel, Viasat motor. My Twins are more in for Premier leuge.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Even as a European viewer, I like the Asian daytime races. Having to get up early on a Sunday, like for the 6AM (BST) start at Suzuka, gives the race more of a sense of occasion. Plus it really frees up the rest of the day
    So you can spend it having ferocious arguments on an internet forum

Wishful thinking though. Things are awfully quiet lately. Not even crazy Garry Walker drops by anymore, now that Vettel has won for three different teams...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю