Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I think it is strange that M Sport are putting up a fight against a small team like Spencer. According to the rules there is quite a difference in preparation possibilities btw the national series and championship series.

I like Mr Wilson, but I think he got a better deal when he started his team, and should give Spencer a possibility to run among the big boys. They are miles ahead anyway, but they need to start somewhere, and this only makes it harder for the drivers, and a more boring series for us.

Many loves an underdog, and you were there once Mr Wilson....
    I kind of agree. But if the car fitted in with the rules and had all the support/paperwork behind it then there would be nothing Malcolm or anyone else could do. Until it has that then it's always going to have that asterisk next to it.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    David Bogie in a Skoda Fabia R5!!!
    http://www.msabrc.com/david-bogie-br...r5-to-the-brc/
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

3. Likes: Allyc85 (17th February 2016)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    The entry list will be great, but the itinerary is a joke... I considered doing a BRC event, but I quickly changed my mind. Let's hope that's not how it's going to be all year long...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The entry list will be great, but the itinerary is a joke... I considered doing a BRC event, but I quickly changed my mind. Let's hope that's not how it's going to be all year long...
    Don't hold your breath, it's a sign of the times in British stage rallying sadly.
    Last edited by MrJan; 17th February 2016 at 18:12.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (17th February 2016)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As Jan says above, I'm afraid that is probably how other BRC events will be run.
    It would be nice to see Friday evening starts, then a long day on Saturday, followed by a Sunday lunch time finish. But that's fantasy world.

At at the moment, the BRC can't compete against BTCC, BSB, British GT, etc were speccies can make a weekend of it camping.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I'm probably repeating myself but the biggest problem is finding enough miles on enough different roads at a price that suits. They will already be using stages twice and the competitors are probably already complaining about cost, big mileage events simply aren't viable in the UK anymore without some serious investment. Not only that but getting enough people to marshal the miles is tricky, and will only get worse next season when all rally marshals need to pass a test and have a license to marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    Well I'm traveling up with Chris Chapman and we are staying at a bunkhouse which is £19 for the night. You can come up with us if you like?
    Just realised that I've conveniently booked the Monday off work so reckon I'll head up myself and then stay overnight in Merthyr on Sunday and hit Bike Park Wales on the way back...unless you two are up for that too?

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Why is it a joke? If there's any BRC event you should do then it's the Manx in September. Starts Thursday night and finishes Saturday afternoon.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Cronin and Greer confirmed with a DS3 R5.

Entries are really crazy, though they might want to change the name to the British Rallysprint Championship.
    Last edited by EightGear; 18th February 2016 at 15:25.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Just realised that I've conveniently booked the Monday off work so reckon I'll head up myself and then stay overnight in Merthyr on Sunday and hit Bike Park Wales on the way back...unless you two are up for that too?
    I would love to, but I've already paid for Saturday night, and the car is back in it's second home at the garage having a clutch issue looked at, so can't afford another night