Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Why can't the NBC's F1 crew pronounce Kvyat's name correctly?

It's not spelled K-fee-at, or is it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try watching the Hispanic channel, UNI-MAS, they have Milka Dunno as a commentator and virtually no commercial interruptions during the race! Some things which might be learned by they neanderthal bosses at American broadcasting channels!

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I think the only thing to be learned from any broadcast with Milka Duno is how to scare your viewers away.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by james hunt View Post
    Try watching the Hispanic channel, UNI-MAS, they have Milka Dunno as a commentator and virtually no commercial interruptions during the race! Some things which might be learned by they neanderthal bosses at American broadcasting channels!
    I am in USA, and for the last F1 season I have been indeed mostly watching Univision Deportes. It's in Spanish (which I understand), but they do not interrupt the programming during the race any time. And they also have a fairly knowledgeable female F1 reporter. Kudos to Univision Deportes. Amazing channel!

5. Likes: N4D13 (4th September 2015),Tazio (7th September 2015)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    It should be easier if they try saying Vyat 10 times and then add a semi-silent K at the beginning

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    A buddy of mine just calls him "KGB" and is done with it. I don't know the proper pronunciation either.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniil_Kvyat

[dənʲɪˈil vʲɪtɕɪˈslavəvʲɪtɕ kvʲat]
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I am in USA, and for the last F1 season I have been indeed mostly watching Univision Deportes. It's in Spanish (which I understand), but they do not interrupt the programming during the race any time. And they also have a fairly knowledgeable female F1 reporter. Kudos to Univision Deportes. Amazing channel!
    I'm with this post. Lived it
    May the forza be with you

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well we are not commies and probably don't give a sh!t until he is winning. but maybe david hobbs can square us away
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    A while ago I was reading somewhere about how people often have particular difficulty with pronouncing unfamiliar or uncommon consonant clusters, like the kv in Kvyat. There's something about it that's problematic for many people, and they find they have to put an extraneous vowel in there to work around it ("kivyat"). I was reminded of it the other day by a documentary about the Ordnance Survey, which the voice-over woman continually pronounced as "ordinance survey". The classic Homer Simpson/GW Bush "nucular" is another example I think.