Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    The Associate Press are reporting Wilson has passed away
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    What a sad sad day

Rest in peace, Justin.

You will be missed.
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Rest in peace Justin.
    We hate having you go but gather some solace and comfort that you were doing what you wanted to be doing.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    No, not again. Gutted

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Wow. This is so sad. RIP Justin Wilson

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Unbelievably tragic news, what a terribly sad waste of a life. My thoughts are with his family and Andretti.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    Unbelievably tragic news, what a terribly sad waste of a life. My thoughts are with his family and Andretti.
    Definitely feel for family and close friends.

I would disagree with the "waste of a life" part though. We all seem to regard any death as a tragic event. The truth is that we are all going to die. The only things in question are how and when. He was fatally injured while doing something he had made a successful career of and which, by all evidence, he loved doing. If people could say the same about me when my time comes, I'd consider that I had gone out on top. That's not to say that those close to him will not feel his absence.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Here is a piece of Justin Wilson's accomplishments which I was able to witness live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MW1F5TpoRc

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Definitely feel for family and close friends.

I would disagree with the "waste of a life" part though. We all seem to regard any death as a tragic event. The truth is that we are all going to die. The only things in question are how and when. He was fatally injured while doing something he had made a successful career of and which, by all evidence, he loved doing. If people could say the same about me when my time comes, I'd consider that I had gone out on top. That's not to say that those close to him will not feel his absence.
    I fully agree, that motor racing is dangerous, and drivers competeing understand and accept the risks and JW was no exeption to this. All I meany by 'a waste' was the manner of the accident. If hed had lost control of the car and crashed, then so be it. But in this case JW did nothing wrong and was in exactly the wrong position, through no fault of his own, from this point of view it was a tragic waste of life.

You have to wonder what Sage Karems state of mind will be like at Sonoma, absolutely no blame attached to him obviously, but something like that must prey on your mind and I shudder to think what could happen if any driver isn't 100% focused on racing while in the car

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Wonder what Sage Karam's state of mind is?

Don't worry about Sage Karam.

Sage Karam made clear in comments after his run in with Ed Carpenter at Iowa that Sage Karam has his head on straight for racing at this level. If he didn't, he would not be driving for Chip Ganassi.

If you need to worry about a driver not being 100% focused on racing while in the car, worry about Ed Carpenter.

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/ne...-justin-wilson

I hope American Honda and HPD possibly donating $55,000 to the Wilson Children's Fund for a driver who "was a valuable member of our racing program" won't be a financial hardship for American Honda and HPD.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.