Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    No, 'I won't be driving an official Citroen next year but there is still some time to find a seat.'
    EightGear is right, as far as I remember from French at school.

"Je ne piloterai plus" means "I don´t drive anymore". Google Translate is completely wrong here and says the contrary.

2. Likes: French_Paulo (18th November 2015),marcosg (17th November 2015)
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    May be the case with Paddon is that he began consistently to adapt to the car/or adapt the car to him/perhaps both in the first place. Then naturally the speed slowly but steady came. I believe he was always very fast driver, and if he tried to do the impossible at the beginning, the result would be literally nowhere. Good job by him.
    Spot on. Make no mistake. Paddon is fast. He is clearly playing a waiting game, building a profile and delivering what has been asked of him until such time as he is in a competitive car and able go for broke unimpeded.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The saying 'It's easier to make a fast driver consistent, than a consistent driver fast...' came from the days of McRae I believe. I'm not exactly sure who said it, but it was one of the team bosses or ex-drivers. ...
    This saying has been bandied around rallying circles since long before McRae was a twinkle in Jimmy's eye. And it's not supported by any facts.
    In fact the history books suggest that more titles have been won by drivers who might be considered "consistent" than by those who would be considered the fastest.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Just analyse facts. That saying is wrong. You can find a lot of drivers that bacame faster and very few that became consistent. Of course it's easy for a fast driver to slow down and not make errors but in that case you gain consistence sacrifing speed which is useless cause you would not win events anyway...

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Vatanen was a fast driver who had to become more consistant as was makinen mcrae all through history there are consistent drivers who had to get fast and fast drivers who had to get consistent it no doubt all balances itself out. But in the arguement of meeke and ostberg i would rather have a driver that some day u may need to be on the ragged edge and just over it to win a championship than a driver that will never reach the ragged edge and u lose the championship

7. Likes: bassist (18th November 2015),Fast Eddie WRC (18th November 2015)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Vatanen was a fast driver who had to become more consistant as was makinen mcrae all through history there are consistent drivers who had to get fast and fast drivers who had to get consistent it no doubt all balances itself out. But in the arguement of meeke and ostberg i would rather have a driver that some day u may need to be on the ragged edge and just over it to win a championship than a driver that will never reach the ragged edge and u lose the championship
    I think Loeb and Ogier have raised the level of consistency to a new level entirely. Look at the amount of DNF's Mcrae and Solberg had, then another level up in consistency Grohlem and Makinen and Hirovnen?. Then Lube and Ogier's level are Super Saiyan. "For sure"

9. Likes: marcosg (18th November 2015)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    So maybe both Meeke and Ostberg away from Citroen, and Citroen doing only some 6-8 rallies in their farewell year? With Lefebvre and some other young driver?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Is it a solid news or just rumor?

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Vatanen never really became consistent until after when he was fast, McRae never became consistent, what he achieved results wise given his equipment to hand was about 2/3 what Loeb or Ogier would have done with it(IMHO) He did however win a huge and fanatical following.
    Makinen did improve his consistency while holding his speed.

And as for Ostberg, I think members on here would rate him higher if he'd been lucky enough to get a VW seat

13. Likes: skarderud (18th November 2015)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    As posted in News thread, Matton stated Citroen might only do 6 to 8 rounds in 2016. Perhaps someone like Kronos as they did with the Xsara back in the day, support the Citroen team until Citroen Racing come back with a new car... Alas C4.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"