Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Liked 845 Times in 391 Posts
    Very surprised by the choice of Malcolm... I would have kept Evans and/or Tanak for at least another season, no point in "raising" them just to drop them so early, it's not like M-Sport has any chance to win any championship anytime soon...

Liked 12,235 Times in 5,259 Posts
    Well, he actually kept Tänak with Dmacks money. Im still in shock with this decision, i was 100% sure that its Ostberg/Evans. I cant wait now to see what speed Mads shows with Fiesta on gravel.

Wilson is a genius, he has now different drivers and different tyres to compare for future and of course he has MONEY now.

Liked 12,235 Times in 5,259 Posts

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    It took 15 years to see a Frenchman back at M-Sport.It was half expected as there was an interview from Wilson a few time ago where he named Camilli as a very good upcoming driver.So,if they didnt keep Evans he was probably the first choice.Lets see how that works out.On paper,it looks a pretty good lineup with an experienced and consistent points scorer and a young gun eager to prove himself.

Liked 114 Times in 35 Posts
    From TMG facebook : "Good luck to Eric Camilli, who leaves TMG to join M-Sport as a full-time WRC driver for 2016. It has been a pleasure working with you this year and we wish you a fantastic future!"

Dosnt sound like they "sending" him to M-sport just for one year , sounds more like goodbye...

6. Likes: dodge33cymru (30th November 2015)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quite unexpected having Camilli, but understandable from many points of view, of which some of them probably is correct.
    Camilli brings money. Who´s paying will be clear during the year.
    I think it´s a good choice. Not many to choose from.
    Evans has reached his peak and will never win or make it any further speedwise.

Mads was expected in MSport, no sensation there.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Maybe Evans will do the WRC2 programme with the new R5?

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    One other good reason to try Camilli, is that there is no other obvious contenders. Of the experienced and proven drivers available, there is none that will be able to challenge for wins. You have to take chances, just like Wilson do here with Camilli, we'll see if it pays off :-)
    /peter

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Even as a Brit I genuinely don't mind this move. I think there's certainly going to be a bit of funding in there somewhere. FFSA makes sense. If you know it's not going to work out long-term with Evans then why persevere and M-Sport pay to do so? At a certain point you have to cut your losses and do something different.

Better to take a chance on a guy who might make it. Fair play to Wilson in that sense - he has given a lot of top drivers their first opportunity in the sport. People saying "why did he not sign Meeke?" I think that's pretty clear. Same with the other top talents who are locked up in deals.

One thing this has shown is just how many people are confused by the Toyota situation. Camilli had no contract with Tommi so no works Toyota contract. So he's walked away from testing a stillborn WRC car and that's about it. Great move for him - especially if he's got a multi-year deal.

My best guess is Elfyn stays in a testing role. Does some WRC2 rounds in the new R5. Hopefully some BRC rounds. Things like that and maybe gets a few rounds in a WRC car.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

11. Likes: Rallyper (30th November 2015)
    Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Disappointed for Evans... but another case of it being hard to make a consistent driver fast ...

Tanak showed he does have the speed, so he gets another chance to become consistent (with DMack)...

Just looking at Camilli's results and I dont see anything to show this great potential. Can anyone throw any light on this ?
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 30th November 2015 at 14:16.
    #M-SPORTER

13. Likes: Rallyper (30th November 2015),WUff1 (30th November 2015)