Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Ewrc is your friend
    http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile....t=Eric-Camilli
    Anyone know what he was doing 2010-2012? Studies?
    No money to compete! http://www.ericcamilli.com/index.php/fr/parcours
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    For sure someone must pay to get him drives. Results doesn´t impress. But his name was on everyons lips last year.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Do You suggest that Camilli bought the seat? Do You have any proof for that? I'm really surprised with the choice of him as well though.
    I have no proof of anything, all I said was `Cash is King`! I would be very suprised if this addition to the team has a pay off down the line somewhere. Wilson needs investment if he intends competing in the new format in 2017!

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Ewrc is your friend
    http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile....t=Eric-Camilli

What I find funny about the whole thing (this is not directed at you Rallyper) is that Wilson would get criticized either way. If he'd kept Evans he'd have been slated for doing so. By going for another young talent he's also been called crazy. He can't really win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    And? Rally is not football. Sebastien Loeb with 30s was not the best of the best?
    He may be a talent, but not a young one anymore.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Everyone yelled about Camilli and then Toyota hired him on qualifications I don´t understand. Then MW chooses him 28 yrs old despite no own funding and no results to be impressed by ? Let´s see what MW knows that we idiots do not.

N.O.T.??? Where are you? Explain!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    what is the program of Bergkvist for 20016?

7. Likes: itix (1st December 2015)
    Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
    The thing is if Camilli does turnout to be a star M-Sport won't be able to afford to keep him in 2017 anyway. With the supposed return of two manufactures in 2017 they'd surely snap him up if he's any good. M-Sport will be nothing more than a place where manufactures let them develop drivers and offer them a seat if they're any good or if you're steady and got lots of cash.

Best of luck to him anyway as he'll need it!!!

Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Now that the drivers are basically confirmed, im both happy and dissapointed. Out of my three favourites and drivers who really pushed VW's on some rallies, Tänak, Meeke, Paddon, only Paddon got a good deal. Nothing is heard of Meeke, Tänak has to drive with those hubba bubba tires but im really happy that he drives at all.

The only hope for me is that the new Hyundai is really good and Neuville gets his mojo back and Paddon makes again good progress and really gives hard times for VW's. Otherwise the VW's will win the title already in Poland. Ogier's title will depend on Latvala and Mikkelsen.

But i think we will still have an interesting season, the VW's may be 1-2-3 on every rally but the fight for 4th up to 10th place, the evolution of Dmacks and progress of Camiili will be very interesting to watch.

And we will see even more of this from Tänak because he has to make up the deficit of the tires
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2Q8d-TNPQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQQdhJuQNQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jjBDWy_sc

10. Likes: GustavK (1st December 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post

N.O.T.??? Where are you? Explain!
    I just do not like silly season speculation much i prefer rallies from gossip for little girls...

Camilli is nothing, and that is the reason wilson choose him, he prefers drivers that either pay or are free.

Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug83 View Post
    The thing is if Camilli does turnout to be a star M-Sport won't be able to afford to keep him in 2017 anyway. With the supposed return of two manufactures in 2017 they'd surely snap him up if he's any good. M-Sport will be nothing more than a place where manufactures let them develop drivers and offer them a seat if they're any good or if you're steady and got lots of cash.

Best of luck to him anyway as he'll need it!!!
    Depends on the options that MW can have over the future.

It's quite a well-known fact that the first year Thierry was at Hyundai, he had to spend most of his (nicely large) money to pay back Malcolm and Nasser who invested in him to give him the WRC drive at M-Sport....